Author Topic: fox, maguire in auckland  (Read 11468 times)

Offline Kevin B

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: fox, maguire in auckland
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 20 July 08 00:36 BST (UK) »
Ok, thats fine

Offline mare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 20 July 08 00:52 BST (UK) »
 8) Looking promising and good to have two hounds on the Fox hunt  :D

If you think any of those Maguires listed at Waikaraka cemetery Auckland NZ are yours I could have a look sometime to see what there is to photograph for you.

Good Luck

:) mare

Offline TF13

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Emain Macha
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 20 July 08 01:00 BST (UK) »
hi mare,
thats a fantastic offer :)

the annie maguire died 30 sept 1908 married to john would be
the one i'd be interested in.

dont go out of your way to do it but if you could it would be cool 8)
thanks
tony

Offline mare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 20 July 08 01:34 BST (UK) »
I can do that for you 'sometime' in near future Tony... It looks like John is in the same plot too.

Offline PPF

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 30 July 08 16:56 BST (UK) »
Reference Fox's Bar in Gilford, my great Grandfather Terence Fox built this house. I have stumbled upon RootsChat'com by accident and have attempted to contact Kevin B. I would be grateful if you could pass this message on to him. I was aware that my father was taught by William Boyle but did not know that they were related. Regards PPF

Offline TF13

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Emain Macha
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 30 July 08 17:15 BST (UK) »
hi ppf,

my g grandfather would be the brother of your g grandfather!

if i'm right?

tony

Offline mare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday 30 July 08 20:00 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat PPF  :)

After a couple of postings from you the little green scroll for personal message contact will show up under users names and you'll be able to have offline chat if you wish  :)

Wonderful to get more response on the thread ... and exciting ... you'll be organising a family reunion before you know it  :D

Have had very wet wintery conditions in Auckland  ::)  waiting for an opportunity to do the graveyard walk with camera ... roll on Springtime.

Offline PPF

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 31 July 08 09:31 BST (UK) »
Reference Fox's Bar in Gilford, my great Grandfather Terence Fox built this house. I have stumbled upon RootsChat'com by accident and have attempted to contact Kevin B. I would be grateful if you could pass this message on to him. I was aware that my father was taught by William Boyle but did not know that they were related. Regards PPF

Tony, I haven't a great deal of information on Terence Fox as I think he died in the 1880s or 90s. I was always told that he originally came from Tullysarren in Co Armagh. He married Catherine Blacker whose family were rich Protestant landowners ( the Fox's always kept this a secret and I only found this out after my father died in 1995 ). It would appear that Terence did Quite well for himself. Not only did he build the pub but he owned the whole street which was still referred to locally as Terry's Row right up to the 1980s. His son  Peter Fox who is referred to in the1910 directory had the pub up to his death in 1933. He had two sons, Edward and my father Terry. I was born in Lurgan in 19X4 and my childhood days sort of revolved around the pub. I always assumed it would be mine. Sadly my aunts sold it in 1989 and it now trades under the dreadful name of "Wee Minnies". With the exception of my father the Fox's are all buried in Laurencetown Churchyard by the wall at the side of the church. One last thing for now, despite the debate and the postcodes, Gilford is  in Co. Down. Regards Peter.

Offline PPF

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Thursday 31 July 08 09:39 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat PPF  :)

After a couple of postings from you the little green scroll for personal message contact will show up under users names and you'll be able to have offline chat if you wish  :)

Wonderful to get more response on the thread ... and exciting ... you'll be organising a family reunion before you know it  :D

Have had very wet wintery conditions in Auckland  ::)  waiting for an opportunity to do the graveyard walk with camera ... roll on Springtime.

Thanks for your reply Mare. I'm still trying to get the hang of this site