Author Topic: Green 1845 Stafford and Green 1855 Hull  (Read 2679 times)

Offline moscan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The next generation
    • View Profile
Green 1845 Stafford and Green 1855 Hull
« on: Wednesday 07 April 04 23:46 BST (UK) »
 I have a marriage cert for a James Green to an Ester Fereday April 7th 1845 in Kingswinford Stafford

I thought it was my ggg grandfather... ended up I was barking up the wrong tree :( not James Green at all in fact it was James Freear...

also I have a birth Cert for a Mary Jemima Green of Hull born 8 July 1855 daughter of Thomas William Green and Elizabeth Green (maiden name Odam or Adam)

Freear, Walker, Aston, Scanlan, Courtney, Lowth, O’Sulivan, McDonnell, Condon, McMahon, McKay, Brock.

March in Cambridgeshire, Mileham in Norfolk, Worcester, Evesham, Claines in Worcestershire, Birmingham. Dublin, Cork, Fermanagh in Ireland.  Glasgow, Stirling in Scotland
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br /><br />Researching: - Freear, Walker, Aston, Scanlan, Courtney, Lowth, O’Sulivan, McDonnell, Condon, McMahon, McKay, Brock, Gourlay, Busby<br /><br />Locations: - March in Cambridgeshire, Banbury in Oxfordshire, Mileham in Norfolk, Worcester, Evesham, Claines in Worcestershire, Birmingham. Dublin, Cork, Fermanagh in Ireland.  Glasgow, Stirling in Scotland

Offline ryan

• RootsChat Veteran
  • (Pictured) My G-G Grandfather Thomas John Hill.
    • View Profile
Re:Green 1845 Stafford and Green 1855 Hull
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 29 April 04 17:57 BST (UK) »
Hi!
The certificate indicates Fereday's father, correct? Might you tell me what his name is?

Thanks!

;D
HILL/BURKE/BELCHER/BIGNELL/BADHAM/COX/BLAKE/YELDHAM in London
HOPKINS/HART/MATTHEWS/MUNSON/FARLEY in Exeter & Mid Devon
FEREDAY in The Potteries & Tipton
ADAMS/MUSCUTT/ELSBY/BRIDGENS/BURKE/BELL/RAINBOW in The Potteries
O’CALLAGHAN/O’BRIEN in Cork
BURKE/FITZPATRICK in Birmingham
HOPKINS in Shaftesbury
YELDHAM/RAVEN/MUNSON/BIGNELL in Essex
BLAKE/CHANDLER in Wickham Market, Suffolk

Offline moscan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The next generation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 29 April 04 18:55 BST (UK) »
Hello Ryan,

yes the cert says that Father of Esther Fereday is Edward Fereday, no details as to occupation of either father, James Green father is listed as Benjamin Cole?
Any help to you?
Best wishes

Mo
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br /><br />Researching: - Freear, Walker, Aston, Scanlan, Courtney, Lowth, O’Sulivan, McDonnell, Condon, McMahon, McKay, Brock, Gourlay, Busby<br /><br />Locations: - March in Cambridgeshire, Banbury in Oxfordshire, Mileham in Norfolk, Worcester, Evesham, Claines in Worcestershire, Birmingham. Dublin, Cork, Fermanagh in Ireland.  Glasgow, Stirling in Scotland

Offline ryan

• RootsChat Veteran
  • (Pictured) My G-G Grandfather Thomas John Hill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 29 April 04 19:12 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your reply!

I have a number of Edward Feredays who may fit the profile of Ester's father, but I cannot say I have a connection to Ester.

I noticed that with your post you had a number of surnames displayed, like myself. The name 'Courtney' caught my eye, are you connected in anyway to the Courtenay/Courtney family, earls of Devon?
HILL/BURKE/BELCHER/BIGNELL/BADHAM/COX/BLAKE/YELDHAM in London
HOPKINS/HART/MATTHEWS/MUNSON/FARLEY in Exeter & Mid Devon
FEREDAY in The Potteries & Tipton
ADAMS/MUSCUTT/ELSBY/BRIDGENS/BURKE/BELL/RAINBOW in The Potteries
O’CALLAGHAN/O’BRIEN in Cork
BURKE/FITZPATRICK in Birmingham
HOPKINS in Shaftesbury
YELDHAM/RAVEN/MUNSON/BIGNELL in Essex
BLAKE/CHANDLER in Wickham Market, Suffolk

Offline moscan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The next generation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 29 April 04 22:32 BST (UK) »
Hello Ryan,

Well if you find out that the Edward is connected you are welcome to the cert. :)

I would love another english connection lol but as far as I know these Courtneys are Irish... and as I am sure you are aware Irish records not the best  ???

James Courtney 30 August 1829 no idea as to where he was born, died in Cork Ireland  13 September 1917. He was employed by the Coast Guard and worked in a number of towns along the Irish coast, obviously with his family as the children are all born in different coastal towns.

Take care

Mo