Author Topic: Charles Symons & Margaret Duncan  (Read 6988 times)

Offline Lady Macbeth

• 1965-2013
  • Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Charles Symons & Margaret Duncan
« on: Thursday 08 April 04 13:25 BST (UK) »
Hi all, looking for the parents of Charles Symons bc1800, d before 1855.  He married Margaret Duncan in Perthshire around 1826.  His son James b 1826 Inchture, d 1912 Dundee, married Ann Lowden 1850 Inverarity.
Name may have appeared as Symon or Lymon/Lymons due to misinterpretation of the handwriting of the time.

Any Symons pointers welcomed.  :-\
Lesley
Gegan, Geoghegan, Gagan, or any variation whatsoever in Ireland (particularly Co Offaly/Kings Co) and Scotland;
Symons and Symon in Angus, Perthshire and Aberdeenshire, Scotland;
McKenna in Ireland and Scotland;
Wilkie in Kincardine and Angus, Scotland

Offline GingerDuncanDoss

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re:Charles Symons & Margaret Duncan
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 28 April 04 21:05 BST (UK) »
Lesley,

Would you email me at Removed email address to prevent spamming...I've PM'd the detail to Lesley - Moderator I have a Margaret Duncan and I need to find out if it is the same one....Ginger Duncan Doss

Offline Sherlock

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Charles Symons & Margaret Duncan
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 24 July 04 10:54 BST (UK) »
Lesley

I am also looking for parents and details of Charles Symons and Margaret Duncan. They are the parents of Charles who was born in 1835. Charles lived in Hawkhill Dundee and worked as a tenter before he married Catherine Mitchell on 17 December 1864 at Market Street St Andrews. She was a house servant at Baker Lane? St Andrews.

Hope you have some success and can update me.

I have other infomation about Charles ( the son) 's descendatns if you are interested in that line.

Speak to you soon .

David.
Andrew, Donald (Wester Highlands), Muckersie (Perth), Symon(s) (Dundee)

Offline Lady Macbeth

• 1965-2013
  • Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 26 July 04 09:23 BST (UK) »
Hi David, great to hear from you.  I will send you a personal message with more info but, just as an intro,
Charles and Margaret had James (1826 Inchture), m Ann Lowden
James b 1863 m  Margaret McKenna
John b 1899 m Martha Fox
Mary - my mother

Please be patient as things are very hectic workwise at the mo but I will definitely be in touch this week.

Lesley
Gegan, Geoghegan, Gagan, or any variation whatsoever in Ireland (particularly Co Offaly/Kings Co) and Scotland;
Symons and Symon in Angus, Perthshire and Aberdeenshire, Scotland;
McKenna in Ireland and Scotland;
Wilkie in Kincardine and Angus, Scotland

Offline Sherlock

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 26 July 04 21:00 BST (UK) »
Just a quick note to say I have got your message and thanks for the extremely detailed reply.

My mother is Ailsa Symons, her father was George Bruce Symons, whose father was David Archibald Keillor Symon (watch  - no "s" on the end of the surname), whose father was Charles Symon ( again no "s") whose father was the Charles Symons who married Margaret Duncan.

So as they say "we're all Jock Thomson's bairns".

I was born in Dundee and my parents still live in Dundee so I know the place names you mention well. As you say, Balgay cemetery is a beast of a place to try to look for a headstone without any pointers.

My mother mentioned once that a John Symons( a cousin) attended her Aunt Lottie's funeral. John had been in Durban South Africa for a period - was this your grandfather?

I will try to piece the people you have mentioned into my tree and keep you up to date with progress.

I tried to send this via your e-mail address but it was returned !!!

David

Offline Sherlock

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 27 July 04 17:33 BST (UK) »
Lesley

Thanks again.

E-mail is removed email address - please PM so you don't get your email spammed.  I've PM'd the info on this occassion  ;D

David