Author Topic: MI's for Kirkmaiden, Stoneykirk and Kirkmadrine  (Read 91883 times)

Offline beannie

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: MI's for Kirkmaiden, Stoneykirk and Kirkmadrine
« Reply #108 on: Sunday 26 August 12 10:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Scott,
here are all the Morland/McMorland MI's
Kirkmaiden
A.M. Erected by Agnes MOORE in loving memory of her husband Robert MORLAND who died at Drummore Octr. 18th 1893 aged 64 years. Also the above Agnes MORRE who died at Drummore 7th March 1909 aged 71 years. "Thy will be done"

In loving memeory of William MORLAND beloved husband of Margaret GRAHAM who died 31st October 1932 aged 72 years. Also the above Margaret GRAHAM who died 5th February 1938 aged 72 years. Also their niece Jessie Rennie MORLAND who died 29th June 1906 aged 21 years.

Stoneykirk
Erected by John HEARS, Farmer Bine, in memory of his wife Mary McMORLAND who died 9th Novr 1887 aged 33 years. Also Janet KILPATRICK their daughter who died 9th April 1888 aged 2 years. Also the above Patrick HEARS died at Bine 16th Novr 1892 aged 45 years. Also Margaret KILPATRICK, daughter of the above John HEARS who died 13th Sept 1909 aged 22 years. Elizabeth BUNTING wife of the above John HEARS who died at Bine 19th July 1936 in her 79th year.

Here lies the corpfe of Jane HUNTER, spoufe to Thomas MCMORLAND in High Culgroat who departed this life 15th Decr 1750 aged 45 years. Thro--- various ills she shone. Consoled her neighbours woes and bore her own ------ ------

I hope this helps, even if none of them are yours.
Kind Regards
Beannie

Milwain, McTaldroch, McCulloch, McMillan, McCracken, Muir/Moore, Hill, Little,
McGaw, Kirkmaiden/Stoneykirk
Carmont Isle of Man/Liverpool/ Manchester
Hines, Mulvey Ireland/Manchester

Offline amg2512

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: Wednesday 03 October 12 11:13 BST (UK) »
Hi

Would be very grateful if you could check records for Kirkmaiden for me. I have just got DC for David McCulloch who died 1858, I believe he was married to Mary Campbell, son of William McCulloch & Margaret McKeand. If there are any other McCulloch burials it would good to know.

Many thanks for your time.
Alison

Offline chrislb

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: Saturday 31 October 15 05:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Beannie,

I was wondering if there were any Cameron's on the MI's, specifically in Stoneykirk? 

More specifically John Cameron (born c1821 in Ireland) who married Elizabeth McCulloch in Stoneykirk c1850.  I have them in census records in Stoneykirk until at least 1891 (residing in Kilconnan Cottage, with their daughter, Agnes, and her husband, Alexander Haswell). Their other children were Martha, Mary Milvain, Jane, Elizabeth, Anne and Alexander Cameron.

Thanks in advance for anything you can find.

Cheers,

Chris in Aus

Offline karen8636

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: Sunday 24 September 17 21:00 BST (UK) »
Scott and Beannie,
I just came across your posts regarding the MI "William MORLAND beloved husband of Margaret GRAHAM who died 31st October 1932 aged 72 years. Also the above Margaret GRAHAM who died 5th February 1938 aged 72 years".  William and Margaret and my great Grandparents.  Their son Robert, emigrated to the US through Ellis Island.  Robert is my Grandfather. 
I am interested in visiting Drummore and putting some flowers on my great Grandparents graves.  Any idea where they are buried?
Thanks
Robbie Morland
US

Offline Scott_M

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: Monday 25 September 17 08:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Robbie, I dont have the MIs for this cemetery .. Maybe Beanie can assist as It may be that the MIs for the cemetery where your family lie at rest .. They often come with a map so if u can access the MIs where Beanie has been kind enough to share.. then hopefully a map exists where the researcher has transcribed from a Memorial Stone... I have covered a few visits in Wigtownshire .. My relatives are in Stranraer, Inch, Leswalt, Stonykirk.. I have a few trees on the go .. One touches your side..... I have been lucky enough to map out back to my 6 x Grt Grandfather on my main tree .. A John McMorland Died 1783 age 81 laid to rest in the Old Parish Cemetery in Inch .. I firmly believe that these Morlands, McMorlands are probably all related in this area .. The challenge is how far u can get back to link it all together.. ... Apologies Beanie as I cant see me thanking you for your sharing back a few years ago.. I thank u now ...

Robbie do u have a tree?
All the best guys
Scott Morland
NZ

Offline karen8636

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: Tuesday 26 September 17 01:01 BST (UK) »
Thanks Scott.  I am just starting to build my tree in Scotland.  I know very little of my Scottish family history but recently have developed a keen interest in learning who and what that history is.  I have a lot of admiration for my Grandfather.  Unfortunately, he felt so blessed to have moved to America and started a new life here that he did not talk much about his home and life in Scotland.  He left when he was 18, transited through Ellis Island, and moved to Iowa where he started to farm.  Then World War I intervened, a new family, the farm, then World War II, his growing family, then my Dad leaving for Korea, and he never made it back to Scotland. 
How did the McMorland's become Morland in your family tree?
Thanks   Robbie

Offline beannie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: Tuesday 03 October 17 08:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Robbie
I've just seen your post, I have a map of the cemetery in the MI book, it's a beautiful place with fabulous views all around on a clear day. Lots of my own ancestors are buried there and I get up there when I can. I will send you a PM so I can give you the map.
Kind regards
Beannie
Milwain, McTaldroch, McCulloch, McMillan, McCracken, Muir/Moore, Hill, Little,
McGaw, Kirkmaiden/Stoneykirk
Carmont Isle of Man/Liverpool/ Manchester
Hines, Mulvey Ireland/Manchester