Author Topic: abrahall family  (Read 15853 times)

Offline ammata

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: abrahall family
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 13 November 10 13:02 GMT (UK) »
jarlott
Is this the John Abrahall of Yarkhill who has a will
"ABRAHALL, John - of Munckberry Court, Yarkhill.
sonne in law Guy DOBINS: 2 children;   sone John ABRAHALLS daur Elizabeth;   grandchild Margeret: daur of my sone Oswald WIDDRINGTON &   Margeret his wife;   the younger children of my daur Margeret WIDDRINGTON;   Francis LOVELL;   my sonne John's daurs Shusanna & Martha ABRAHALL.
Witnesses: John VICKERES.
Proved 28 Jun 1661 - HCC; Ref FHL#91632. "

Have you found out any more about him?
Ann

Offline jarlotte

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 13 November 10 15:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I am afraid I haven't got any further forward in finding out about John Abrahall and Margaret Lovell, It is the same John Abrahall that left a will in 1661
Julie

Offline ammata

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 13 November 10 15:12 GMT (UK) »
thanks for the prompt reply Julie,
Not sure that we can get much further...
Ann

Offline Celtic Marches

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 11 May 13 15:32 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I am a direct descendant of John Abrahall  born at Munckbery Court, Yarkhill, Herefordshire in 1601  through his daughter Margaret who married Oswald Widdrington.
Does anyone know who his father was or if he had any brothers or sisters?

Offline jarlotte

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 12 May 13 14:44 BST (UK) »
Hi

I am afraid I do not know who the parents of John Abrahall or Margaret Lovell are. My husband is a direct descendant of his daughter Bridgett who married Guy Dobyns 1n 1651 in Yarkhill. Their is a John Abrahall who was baptised in Stretton Grandison in 1582 to Hugh Abrahall but not sure if this is the right John.
Julie

Offline Celtic Marches

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 12 May 13 16:24 BST (UK) »
Hello Julie,

Your husband's g......grandmother was a sister to my g.......grandmother.My family actually still live in the area some four miles from Yarkhill and there are still Abrahalls at Yarkhill.Have you got a copy of the tree showing the descendents of Bridgett would love to see it .Stretton Grandison and Yarkhill are barely a mile apart so there must be a connection.Have found the following extract from Hugh's will

ABRAHALL, Hugh - of Stretton Grandison, 5 Apr 1614.
eldest son William: by my 2nd wief - 20£;   younger son James - 20£;   wife Jane and eldest sonne John by my first wife;   John to have 1 ½ acre in a field called Astfield purchased of Roger LOVELL and 11£.
Witnesses: John JAUNCEY,   Isa: AILWEY, wth others.
Due from: Richard BAGGOTT,   John ABRAHALL,   John LOVELL,   John HOPSWOOD,   John GRAFTON,   William ARUNDELL,   Thomas GLEDY,   Richard SOUTH,   Mathew EVANS.
Proved 14 May 1614 - Hereford; Ref FHL#91632.

My information shows John Abrahall to be born around 1601 yet you have found one born in 1582 -  possibly John Abrahall born 1582 was Hugh's son and then John born 1601 was John's son - do you think that's possible ??

Offline jarlotte

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 12 May 13 17:04 BST (UK) »
Hi
I have Johns marriage down as 1st May 1613 in Ashperton to Margaret Lovell, which would mean that he couldnt have been born in 1601. His first child Margery was born in 1614 in Stretton Grandison, I got the record from Family Search. I dont think he was married before because in his will he does mention a John Abrahall son, but their is a John Abrahall bapt. in 1617 to John and Margaret. I do have my tree on Ancestry and Genes Reunited if you wish to see the line of descent from Bridget, if you dont belong to either I can give you a short version on here.

Offline Celtic Marches

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 12 May 13 18:05 BST (UK) »
I think you're correct - he is the son of Hugh when I checked my paperwork from family search 10 years ago it had recorded birth about 1601- so it has been updated since.It's tracing Hugh now and finding out who his first wife was and who his parents were.I would love to see a short version of your tree.I have been in touch with some other Abrahalls who I believe are related and I will forward any info I receive from them.Keep in touch Best Sue

Offline jarlotte

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 12 May 13 19:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Sue
okay Bridgett married Guy Dobyns in 1651 in Yarkhill, they had 4 children Samuel, Joyce, bridgett and John. John married Mary Little in Gloucester in 1682, they had 3 children Samuel, Robert and John all born in oxenhall. John Married Margaret Clarke in 1704 in Oxenhall. They had 6 children, Anne, Robert [died young], John , Samuel, Margaret and Robert born 1712 all in Oxenhall, Robert married Mary keele in 1740 in Newent, they had 7 children, Robert, Margaret, Mary, John Edward, Elizabeth and Samuel 1750 all born in Newent. Samuel married Mary Gough in 1791 in Corse, they had 5 children Samuel, John, Mary, William and George 1808, he was born in Staunton Worcestershire he married Elizabeth Hall in 1834 in Hempsted Glos. they had 4 children Frederick, Edward, Fanny and George born 1837 in Corse he married Emily Wiltshire in 1872 in Cardiff Wales, they had 10 children all born in Cardiff, Edward Henry Dobbins [my husbands great Grandfather] married Mary Jane Ashley in Roath cardiff in 1899, their daughter Elsie May Dobbins born 1910 in cardiff is my husbands grandmother, she married in Wales but moved to England between 1939 and 1942 with her husband Charles Prosser and family.
Hope you can understand the short version of the Dobbins tree
Best Wishes Julie