Author Topic: WW1 Army details.  (Read 6336 times)

Offline Eking

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: WW1 Army details.
« Reply #9 on: Friday 22 October 04 09:29 BST (UK) »
Hi

Like the previous poster, I'm not sure what you are hoping to get from the National Archives if you already have the papers but I just wanted to say that you don't necessarily have to go to Kew to look at them.

WW1 Records known as the Unburned War Records. Try the Mormons Family Search Library. Film and fiche search. the number is 1990029. For the ones who are not used to the Mormon Churches They will order the relevant film, it takes a few weeks or so for them to arrive.

These records are known as WO 363 at Kew.

Bear in mind you may not find him as a lot of records did not survive.

I haven't tried ordering those films myself.  But even if you do find the records it may not clear up date of birth problem.  I looked at one of my rellies details and there were 2 possible years of birth on there.   

Offline floridagirl

• RootsChat Member
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 22 October 04 12:09 BST (UK) »
Hiya,
Thanks to you both for your input.
I'll keep trying.
Viv.
Norris, O'Donnell, McGuinness, Evans, Hendry, Thomas, Perry, Duxbury, Hudson, Guest, Robinson, Shewan, Fullam, Williams, Henderson, Gaffney, Brookes, Bird, Bruffell, Baron, Hase, Jones, Tomkins

Offline Fifer

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 22 October 04 13:04 BST (UK) »
Hi All

this link will take you to the national archives were there is an explanation about were to get ww1 records.

http://www.catalogue.nationalarchives.gov.uk/rdleaflet.asp?sLeafletURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ecatalogue%2Enationalarchives%2Egov%2Euk%2FLeaflets%2Fri2009%2Ehtm&lBack=-1

Hope this link works

Does Anyone know how much it costs to send for army records

Angela :)
Barclay,baxter,Cook,Cowie,Dryburgh,Hughes,Morris,Murray,Simpson,Westwater from Fife Scotland.

Hatton,Roscoe,Smith,Ellison,Hardy,Harding,Holmes,Randles, Fishwick from Wirral Cheshire,

Barnett,Hempsall,Humphrey,Ward,Wrench  from Lincolnshire

Hartshorne,Wilson,Brass,Dodds,Hunter from Durham

Offline floridagirl

• RootsChat Member
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 22 October 04 14:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Angela.
Thanks for the info, I'll try it later.
Viv.
 :)
Norris, O'Donnell, McGuinness, Evans, Hendry, Thomas, Perry, Duxbury, Hudson, Guest, Robinson, Shewan, Fullam, Williams, Henderson, Gaffney, Brookes, Bird, Bruffell, Baron, Hase, Jones, Tomkins