Author Topic: Rickard Family Cornwall  (Read 38778 times)

Offline JanePat

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Rickard Family Cornwall
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 17 February 16 17:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Please excuse the out of the blue email, I was looking at the old thread about the bible started by John White Rickard as I'm a direct descendent of his.  I noticed that you said you had information on his son, it would be really interesting to see it if you're happy to share? 

I look forward to hearing from you

Many thanks

Jane

Offline slowbookworm

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 29 March 16 11:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Jane
I hope you see this, I have not been on Rootschat for ages so have only just seen your posts.
John White Rickard's son George was my Great Grandfather. I have quite a bit of information taking the family further back (though it is a bit disorganised at the moment) that I would be more than happy to share with you.
The tale of John b.1866 being killed by smugglers is interesting, he looks to have been in the Royal Navy and I will have a look at those records on Thursday. He died in 1907 aged 41, I might just have to get that certificate!
Who are you descended from? I guess it must be Elizabeth or Margaret.
Look forward to hearing from you.
SBW

Offline JanePat

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 03 April 16 18:26 BST (UK) »
Hi SBW,

Thanks for replying, George's older brother is who I'm descended from, so it goes:
John White (1835 - 1909)
John White (1886 - 1907)- elder brother to George.  We ordered his death certificate and he died from cardiac disease (which ruins my Grandpa's story unless it was somebody else! - I have an article he wrote). John's wife had died a couple of years before and his brother in law was with him when he died.  I also noticed on their marriage certificate that is was witnessed by her family and not any Rickards, so maybe something had happened.   It would be intriguing to find out more as in the 1911 census none of his children are living with either Rickards or their maternal family the Eathornes.
Richard John (1892 - 1962)
My Grandfather Richard
My Dad

I look forward to hearing from you

Jane

I wonder why the bible didn't go to the eldest son, I would have assumed that would have been traditional.