Author Topic: Hazell of Colchester1851 thru 1871  (Read 7622 times)

Offline burdenollie7

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hazell of Colchester1851 thru 1871
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 06 April 14 21:14 BST (UK) »
I'm related to Mary Ann Pung born 1804/05 in Henney. Her sister Rebecca married James Hazell. It appears that Mary Ann ran away to London with James leaving Rebecca to live in the work house. James and Mary Ann went on to have my Great Grandfather James Hazell. I own a photograph of Mary Ann and James junior.

With a name like Pung there must be a connection.

Jan 

Offline Kristy Hazell

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 08 April 18 12:40 BST (UK) »
Hi, I know this is an old thread but I am just searching my family tree and have come across this. I am a descendent if Alfred Pung Hazell and would be very interested in any history you have

Offline burdenollie7

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 15 April 18 09:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Kirsty,

I am so sorry for taking so long to reply but I couldn't remember how to get into this site.

I would like to talk to you more so would it be possible for you to email me on burdenollie7@btinternet.com

I haven't visited my family research for a while, so all seems a bit hazy without looking things up.

I would love for you to get in touch.

Jan

Offline jussyH

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 12 August 18 15:39 BST (UK) »
Hi, I am trying to find relatives of my great grandmother called Kathleen Dorothy Hazell (or Hazel). She was born in 1896 (no birth registered) in either Windsor/Reading or London. Her father was Henry Hazell (Hazel) a coachman. She had one sister Evelyn (Or Evaline) who was older and emigtrated to Australia when Kathleen was around 14. We dont know her mothers name.  Does this tie in with any Hazell (Hazel) branches on your trees ?
Thanks
Justine