Author Topic: WILLIAMS - DRUMMOND, Edwinsford, Llandilo, Carmarthenshire  (Read 29120 times)

Offline ef003

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: WILLIAMS - DRUMMOND, Edwinsford, Llandilo, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 25 March 10 22:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi

My grandmother was Eleanor Mary Williams-Drummond.  I wondered if I could be of any help to anyone doing research.

Frances

Offline CaioResearcher

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 30 March 10 15:39 BST (UK) »
Hello Frances,

If you see my entry on page 1, you will see what I'm trying to find out.  If you have any details or knowledge, I would welcome hearing from you.

Regards

Offline ef003

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 30 March 10 21:52 BST (UK) »
Hi

I wondered if you have seen this website.  I have linked the page from Sir James Hamlyn Williams WILLIAMS-DRUMMOND  1857 –1913. 

http://thepeerage.com/p12232.htm#i122314

You may already know a lot of this info.   Madelaine Violet Maud Agnew is my  Great, Great Aunt. Her sister being Marguerite Violet Maud Agnew.  She married Francis Dudley Williams-Drummond.  Who had 3 children Eleanor Mary Williams-Drummond (my grandmother) who had my Dad – Robert Hugh Elliot 1923-1999.  Not sure if this is the side of the family you want to know about but I have a brother and 2 children.

I remember my Great Uncle Sir William Hugh Dudley Williams-Drummond who had no children – he died in the early/mid 70s.

My family have some old photo albums which feature Edwinsford and people surrounding it. 

Offline CaioResearcher

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 06 April 10 19:56 BST (UK) »
Frances,

Hope you read my previous post on page 1 - do you know of any illigitimacy in the family regarding the birth of an Elizabeth Davies, from Cwrt y Cadno, Caio and her mother Mary Davies?

Regards

CaioResearcher

Offline StephEv

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 06 April 10 20:42 BST (UK) »
Yes I am aware of this.
Evans, Davies,Moore, Repingtion, Herbert, Cousins,Williams

Offline jimwalkersligo

• RootsChat Extra
  • Pleasanton Highland Games US Open Championships -
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 11 April 10 06:30 BST (UK) »
Hello!

Seeing these posts regarding   Hamlyn-Williams   and   Drummond   is very interesting.

I am related to this line through my 7th grandfather John Walker. His son Francis Walker's son was James Walker Esq. of Dalry and Captain Francis Walker.

This line includes the Williams - Drummonds from the Walkers of Hawthornden and Dalry who changed their name and removed Walker.

I would sincerely appreciate any assistance with my research please.

I am interested in anything anyone would be kind enough to share. Pictures and stories would also be wonderful please?

Kind Regards,

Jim Walker

Related surnames:

Walker   Hay-Newton   Drummond    Hamlyn-Williams   hepburn   McLeod   Hay   Mackenzie   
Yelverton   Turnbull   
Walker - Daniels - Sligo - Richardson - Pennicuick - McLeod - Begbie - Hepburn - Home - Jafray - Walkers of INNERDOVIT - Walkers of St FOORD, FIFE - Walkers of HAWTHORNDEN - Walkers of ATHELSTANEFORD - Walkers of DALRY - Walkers of WHELDRAKE, Yorkshire ENGLAND - WILLIAMS - DRUMMOND, Edwinsford, Llandilo, Carmarthenshire

Offline ef003

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 11 April 10 21:56 BST (UK) »
Have you seen the Annals of Edwinsford, Clovelly and Hawthorden.  They are bits and pieces including letters between individuals, part histories and family trees including taking the Walker Drummonds back to King Robert the Bruce and Hamlyn Williams back to King Edward III.

Offline jimwalkersligo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 12 April 10 02:21 BST (UK) »
Hello ef003:

No, I have not seen the Annals. Could you PLEASE give me the cotact referral information please?

Regards,

Jim Walker

scotlandforever7  at   sbcglobal.net
Walker - Daniels - Sligo - Richardson - Pennicuick - McLeod - Begbie - Hepburn - Home - Jafray - Walkers of INNERDOVIT - Walkers of St FOORD, FIFE - Walkers of HAWTHORNDEN - Walkers of ATHELSTANEFORD - Walkers of DALRY - Walkers of WHELDRAKE, Yorkshire ENGLAND - WILLIAMS - DRUMMOND, Edwinsford, Llandilo, Carmarthenshire

Offline jimwalkersligo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 12 April 10 02:44 BST (UK) »
Hello ef003:

What a great find that information at the Wales library is.

Unfortunately I could find no way to view this information online. Of special interest is the line back to Bruce that you mentioned.

Might you know of a way to view this material online please?

Thank you.

Regards,

Jim Walker