Author Topic: Ballybay St Patricks Fife & Drum Band  (Read 4971 times)

Offline koelnerboy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ballybay St Patricks Fife & Drum Band
« on: Thursday 10 July 08 15:37 BST (UK) »
Hello, just wondering if anyone has information on The Ballbay Fife & Drum Band, think it was called St. Patricks. My grandfather John James Cunningham was a member. Thanks

Offline peadar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Ballybay St Patricks Fife & Drum Band
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 20 August 08 20:24 BST (UK) »
i remember the band marched behind it many time, my uncle johny duffy (plank) played the fife. the cunninghams still live in the same house in ballybay.

Offline koelnerboy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 22 August 08 15:09 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the information.  My dad often mentions 'Dodds Duffy'...any relation to yourself?  Also, this is a long shot but I'm also trying to find anything on Paddy Murtagh.

Thanks again!

Offline peadar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 22 August 08 20:52 BST (UK) »
hello, this is the email address of the ballybay local historian and author, he has written an excellant book on ballybay if you intend to research the cunningham's who are an old an very illustrious family the book is a must. they owned flax mills in the 18th and 19 th century. email (*). although i was born in ballybay i now live in derby england my email is (*) my name is peter williamson if you email peadar you may mention my name. best wishes.

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail addresses removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Duxbury3

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 15 September 08 17:57 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the email for the Ballybay historian,  My grandmother was from Ballybay, and, was a member of St. Patrick's Church.  As a matter of fact, it was right up the street from where they lived in the town.  She was born there in 1880 and emigrated to this country, with her sister, in 1902.  Does anyone know, if there is a site for the 1901 Census for County Monaghan?
Anyway, thanks for the address.

Offline Jackowen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 08 March 11 16:26 GMT (UK) »
My surname is Cunningham and I believe my grandfather was born in Main St., Ballybay.  I would be interested in getting hold of this book. Would it be possible for you to contact me at (*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail addresses removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php