Author Topic: John Scott and Elizabeth Low  (Read 16256 times)

Offline fruitcake

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Scott and Elizabeth Low
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 08 May 12 03:21 BST (UK) »
Hi Sandie,

John Scott, reputed son of James Scott and Jane McKenzie, is my Great Grandmother, Annie Scott's twin brother. I recognised the address in New Pitsligo and the children Maggie Rennie and Alexander Mutch.

Fruitcake
DANIEL, ROBB, CASTLE/CASTEL, BARCLAY, MATTHEW, HALL, RAE, CHAPP, FRASER, MUTCH, MATHEW, BYRES, BURR, JOHNSTON, GAVIN, FINNIE, THOMSON, WISHART, SMITH, SHEPHERD, ELDER, BIRSE, MARTIN, GRANT, LOW, FORBES, SCOTT, WATSON, GRAY, GALL, SHEWAN, MCKENZIE, MCRITCHIE - Aberdeenshire
DRIVER, BIRD, JEFFS, BARLOW - Northamptonshire
GOLDTHORP/GOLDTHORPE, FORD, TUCKWELL, TAYLOR, BUSHBY - London, Kent, Surrey

Offline sandie63

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 13 May 12 16:02 BST (UK) »
That's interesting- thanks for your message.
Do you live in the area? I come back to Aberdeen a lot, and have been up to NP a few times and seen the houses where my family lived- some are still there.

I'm still trying to find out for certain who Nathaniel's birth dad was- I know it was William Hepburn, but haven't got a definite so I can continue to trace our paternal line.

Maggie and Alexander were also illegitimate- not sure who their dad's were but Alec has an RCE next to his entry so will have to try to get a read of that some time.

Kind regards,
Sandie Mutch.
Originated in Aberdeen- Mutch. Researching Mutch, Scott and Hepburn, all Tyrie / New Pitsligo.

Also- McKnockiter (Buckie/Burghead/) and McLeod, (borne of McLeod/McRae,) Stornoway.

and...Mark and Bannerman (Huntly/Banff.)

Offline bljcrow13

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 14 July 15 23:54 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I believe I'm the seventh generation Scott. My 2nd cousin Diane Scott traced the Scotts back to 1775, Tyrie, Aberdeen Scotland.

I attached the first 1 page of my geneology  book that matches the discussion in this post.

We are planning a trip to Scotland and Ireland next year and thought it would be awesome to actually find family when we cross the Ocean. I found  this website and fund this thread about these particular Scotts.

I have the Scotts geneology book 1775 to 2005 if anyone is intersted in having it.

My question now is...Did the Scotts originally come from Ireland? The Census records them as being of Irish decent..?

Hopefully family,

Brandy Jackson
California, USA
Scott, Low, Monger, Munger, O'Dell

Offline bljcrow13

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 15 July 15 00:02 BST (UK) »
Hello,

Please let know if the attachment doesn't open. I will email the Geneology to further concrete the relationship.

Thank you,

Brandy
Scott, Low, Monger, Munger, O'Dell

Offline sandie63

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 05 August 15 15:13 BST (UK) »
That's interesting! Will have a look into this.
I was actually in California for a wedding/visiting friends last December!

I would definitely recommend visiting Aberdeen, New Pitsligo and around Braemar/Linn of Dee when in Scotland, to name but a few wonderful places in Aberdeenshire. In NP there is a fabulous cafe at the old Bus Station too...and definitely worth looking round the main cemetery on the hill, and the Episcopalian one.

Kind regards,
Sandie.
(Zucchi Mutch.)
Originated in Aberdeen- Mutch. Researching Mutch, Scott and Hepburn, all Tyrie / New Pitsligo.

Also- McKnockiter (Buckie/Burghead/) and McLeod, (borne of McLeod/McRae,) Stornoway.

and...Mark and Bannerman (Huntly/Banff.)

Offline Regensburg2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 12 October 15 14:56 BST (UK) »
I have just found this site. As a descendent of the above, I would be interested to contact Lib

Regensburg2

Offline flst

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 12 October 15 23:41 BST (UK) »
Hi & welcome to rootschat. Lib has not been on this site since July 2010. Hopefully your interest in this post will be noticed by Lib. Once you have made 3 posts you will be able to contact people via private message (pm). Regards,
flst
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.

Offline Regensburg2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 14 October 15 16:44 BST (UK) »
As a descendant of John Scott (Sen) I would like to know if anybody has a picture of him. My family still has members in Aberdeenshire. We did not know that a picture existed.

Offline VelkyAl

• RootsChat Extra
  • http://www.fuggled.net
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 31 July 17 18:24 BST (UK) »
I learnt this weekend that John Scott is my 4 x great grandfather on my mother's side, as follows down to my Grandfather, Lewis:

John Scott --> William Scott --> William Watt Scott --> Alexander Scott --> Lewis Beddie Scott

I'd love to get it touch with any other of John's descendants, especially if they are through William. Continuing the family theme of emigrating, I now live in Virginia and get home to Scotland only every other couple of years.
Reece/Reese, Scott, Cassie, Paine, Ogston, Calder, Chant, Thompson, Castle, Moyse, Prince, Springett, Cadger, Philip, Rennie, Cooper, Steineke, Kaiser, Hallett, Ford, Killoh, Hepburn, Torry, Ingram, Robertson, Norrie,  Mudford, Spore, Lane, Virgin, Davis, Hendy, Stone, White