Author Topic: Honesty being the best policy...  (Read 1511 times)

Offline Keith Sherwood

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • The grass covers and the rain effaces. Victor Hugo
    • View Profile
Honesty being the best policy...
« on: Monday 24 January 05 16:13 GMT (UK) »
I've just had to correct a mistake that gave one of my posts a rather ambiguous/punlike meaning.  In the course of doing so, I realise that it became my 100th post (do I get a special written note of congratulations from The Queen, by the way?).
This hundredth posting was quite involuntary, but I have to admit that I've felt the urge, once I knew I was approaching my "ton", to hurry on up to that milestone by spending more time than usual on this wonderful site, looking for opportunities to make yet another post.  Be honest now, but have other people on this website behaved the same way when getting close to getting THREE pips on their shoulder/ stars against their names, or become more active when they were  approaching the next awarded star?
I realise that now 500 posts seems far, far over the horizon, but here's a sharp intake of breath now, and I'm off to chase up an answer to a thread I am particularly interested in...
Keith

Offline Hackstaple

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Family researcher
    • View Profile
Re: Honesty being the best policy...
« Reply #1 on: Monday 24 January 05 16:45 GMT (UK) »
Please accept our best wishes and felicitations on achieving a century of posts. We were most pleased to notice it.
Milord Hack
 ;D ;D ;D
Southern or Southan [Hereford , Monmouthshire & Glos], Jenkins, Meredith and Morgan [Monmouthshire and Glos.], Murrill, Damary, Damry, Ray, Lawrence [all Middx. & London], Nethway from Kenn or Yatton. Also Riley and Lyons in South Africa and Riley from St. Helena.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Keith Sherwood

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • The grass covers and the rain effaces. Victor Hugo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 24 January 05 16:52 GMT (UK) »
Now that's put a large smile on my face, Milord Hack.  I'm going to bow and scrape backwards all the way to the kitchen to make myself a celebratory cheese and beetroot sandwich.
keith

Online RJ_Paton

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Cuimhnichibh air na daoine bho'n d'thainig sibh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 24 January 05 18:28 GMT (UK) »
I remember hack when he was just a senior ... now he's an aristo  :P

Offline Hackstaple

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Family researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 24 January 05 19:43 GMT (UK) »
Now, now. Let's not start calling "Down with the aristos - Off with their heads". :o
One day you too can reach this lofty height :P
Southern or Southan [Hereford , Monmouthshire & Glos], Jenkins, Meredith and Morgan [Monmouthshire and Glos.], Murrill, Damary, Damry, Ray, Lawrence [all Middx. & London], Nethway from Kenn or Yatton. Also Riley and Lyons in South Africa and Riley from St. Helena.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Paul E

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 25 January 05 19:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I'm afraid I too spent more time than I should posting on the boards when I realised I'd hit the 90's and was close to my third pip.
(I even admit to posting the odd 'This is a really helpful thread, thank you' here and there to help me on my way!).

Does anyone remember Action Man stars?  Hack, you should be able to get a free uniform or two by now! :D ;)

Paul

Offline Hackstaple

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Family researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 25 January 05 22:49 GMT (UK) »
Nice thought Paul. Do they have them with 38inch waists?