Author Topic: Kelleher  (Read 1245 times)

Offline margnip2

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Kelleher
« on: Tuesday 22 July 08 22:50 BST (UK) »
After posting on the London forum, I am hoping to get some information here.  I am looking for a family called Kelleher,  fathers name is Hugh Gough Kelleher and he had a daughter called Catherine Elizabeth who was born about 1867.  this is all I have to go on apart from the story that my father in law had relatives living in Cork.  Catherine Elizabeth was his grandmother.

I know this is a shot in the dark, but I have searched all the census and BMD for England with no success. 

Hope someone can help
Dublin-Byrne, Doyle,
Kildare - Mooney, Fox
County Cavan-Flynn, Donohoe
London-Pingram, Cowell
Oxfordshire-French, Hunt
Tamworth Staffordshire-Chiles, Marson

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Kelleher
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 23 July 08 12:09 BST (UK) »
You could try looking for Catherine's birth in IGI (www.familysearch.org)- they have many, not all, Irish births 1864-c1882 on the site. If you do find her mother's Christian name you can do a parents search there and see if there are any other siblings listed.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Johanna Kelleher

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Kelleher
« Reply #2 on: Monday 17 April 17 15:39 BST (UK) »
Hi there

my grandfather was a Hugh (Goff) Kelleher, his father was Dan Hugh Dan Kelleher and his father was Hugh Kelleher married to a Mary Corkery. The family were known as The Goff Kellehers (their nickname). They were from the Townland of Gurranenaguppal in the Parish of Clondrohid. My great grandfather Dan was born in 1861 and had a sister called Kate Kelleher.

Could this be th family you are looking for.

Johanna Anderson nee Kelleher