Author Topic: BRYANT/BRIANT/BRYAN/BRIEN/BRIAN found 1841-1901 London, Surrey..PLEASE ADD YOURS  (Read 43432 times)

Offline maz1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: BRYANT/BRIANT/BRYAN/BRIEN/BRIAN found 1841-1901 London, Surrey..PLEASE ADD YOURS
« Reply #135 on: Tuesday 14 February 06 13:05 GMT (UK) »
hi Bryant
Me again. Hope you are well.
Ive now come across Bryants/Bryans in my tree!!!!
Have you come across Bryants from Shudy Camps Cambridge in the 1600's?
Bryan's from Taunton the 1700's?
bye for now
all the best
Marian

Offline Bryant

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Grandfather Bryant 1897
    • View Profile
Re: BRYANT/BRIANT/BRYAN/BRIEN/BRIAN found 1841-1901 London, Surrey..PLEASE ADD YOURS
« Reply #136 on: Tuesday 14 February 06 19:44 GMT (UK) »
Marian

I can' get beyond 1841 Peckham and Timothy Bryan(t) who came from Ireland.............and whose wife changes her name every census, and comes from where in Ireland?

Bryant
Researching names BRYANT (Camberwell), PASTERFIELD (Essex and all), RAY (Holborn/Islington areas back to Brentford), POWELL (Glouc & beyond?)
Fletcher (Glouc into Warwickshie into Lancs?), BUCKLEY (Chatham area), Watson (Chatham area).

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline robeena

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: Saturday 18 February 06 05:17 GMT (UK) »
Trying to establish which Elizabeth married William Matthews.  Does anyone have Elizabeth Bryant married William Matthews in 1807 Bethnal Green.  I am looking for William Matthews coachman.  I am not sure whether this is the right place to post for this?
Robeena
Bennett, Logan, Simper, Brooker, Smerdon, Hall, Deely,

Offline Bryant

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: Saturday 18 February 06 10:09 GMT (UK) »
Robeena

You would be better off placing a post on the London lookup section, you do however have two surnames in Bryant and Matthews with christian names Elizabeth and William that should we say are far from rare!

I would imagine that your best hope would be via the east london fhs who hopefully have the Parish records for Bethnal Green

Bryant
Researching names BRYANT (Camberwell), PASTERFIELD (Essex and all), RAY (Holborn/Islington areas back to Brentford), POWELL (Glouc & beyond?)
Fletcher (Glouc into Warwickshie into Lancs?), BUCKLEY (Chatham area), Watson (Chatham area).

Offline Bryant

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: Thursday 30 December 10 15:33 GMT (UK) »
1881 census
5 Beckway St, Newington, St Saviour Southwark, St Peter Walworth, Surrey
William Bryant........Head.......69.......Waiter (Inn Serv)....Bermondsey, Surrey
Mary..........."..........Wife........69.......................................Bermondsey, Surrey
-----------

1871 census
Alfred Place, St Mary Newington, St Saviour Southwark, St Peter Walworth,  Surrey
Henry Nash.....Head......48...........................................Surrey 
Ellen......."........Wife.......41...........................................Surrey
Henry.....".........Son.......15............................................Surrey
George E".........son.......11............................................Surrey
John T....."........Son.........7.............................................Surrey
Thomas Bryan......Brother-In-Law...29.........................Middlesex
Fredk Nash......Nephew...12.........................................Bermondsey, Surrey
 /
William Bryant........Head......57......Dealer in Tar..........Bermondsey, Surrey
Joseph........"...........Son.......20......................................Newington, Surrey
-------------

1851 census
Woods Buildings, Saint Mary Newington, Lambeth, Saint Peter Walworth, Surrey
William Bryant......Head......37......Tan Te?? Maker...Bermondsey, Surrey
Mary..........."........Wife........37.................................Bermondsey, Surrey
William.......".........Son........13......At Home..............Bermondsey, Surrey
Jane..........."........Daur.........9........scholar...............Bermondsey, Surrey
Thomas......".........Son..........6........scholar...............Newington, Surrey
Joseph.......".........Son.........11......At Home..............Bermondsey?, Surrey
-----------

1841 census
Coventry Place, Bermondsey, St Mary Magdalen Bermondsey, Surrey
William Briant..........25.............lab.....................................Surrey
Mary........."..............25......................................................Surrey
William......"...............4.......................................................Surrey
*1841 census rule applies ie 20-24=20, 25-29=25 etc
----------

Bryant

Hi, This is the Family that I am related to. I didnt have the 1841 census record, wasnt spelling a tricky thing back then.I do have some other bit and pieces that relate to this family to add
William Bryant Married Mary Ann Riley on 23 october 1840,William Was a Tan Turf Dealer. Williams Father was also William and I do believe he had a brother Thomas.
There Children,
*William was born july 1837 before they were Married. He appears to have married a susan Welch in 1863 then Emmigrated to Otago in New Zealand. He Remarried a half caste Moari Mere Kui Palmer in 1868 so Susan must have died before then, cant find any record.He died himself in 1876 leaving 5 children.He is My ancestor
*Jane was born December 1841 and Im quite sure she married William Firkins 18 October 1859, they had several children
*Hannah was born 1839 and died at 9 months old
*Joseph was born 22 april 1840 and I believe married Elizabeth Chalkley 28 May 1871. no further info yet.
*Thomas was born 1844 and do believe he married a widow Jane Read( formerly selby)Tricky part is he seems to have married under the name Thomas Bryant Williams?Thomas and Jane  ended up in New Zealand in the same town as William and died in 1901.All records in New Zealand list him as just Thomas Bryant.

Offline turinb

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: Thursday 30 December 10 21:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi, This is the Family that I am related to. I didnt have the 1841 census record, wasnt spelling a tricky thing back then.I do have some other bit and pieces that relate to this family to add
William Bryant Married Mary Ann Riley on 23 october 1840,William Was a Tan Turf Dealer. Williams Father was also William and I do believe he had a brother Thomas.
There Children,
*William was born july 1837 before they were Married. He appears to have married a susan Welch in 1863 then Emmigrated to Otago in New Zealand. He Remarried a half caste Moari Mere Kui Palmer in 1868 so Susan must have died before then, cant find any record.He died himself in 1876 leaving 5 children.He is My ancestor
*Jane was born December 1841 and Im quite sure she married William Firkins 18 October 1859, they had several children
*Hannah was born 1839 and died at 9 months old
*Joseph was born 22 april 1840 and I believe married Elizabeth Chalkley 28 May 1871. no further info yet.
*Thomas was born 1844 and do believe he married a widow Jane Read( formerly selby)Tricky part is he seems to have married under the name Thomas Bryant Williams?Thomas and Jane  ended up in New Zealand in the same town as William and died in 1901.All records in New Zealand list him as just Thomas Bryant.
Bryant family history in the Southwark ,Bermondsey , Walworth Area

Offline Bryant

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: Thursday 30 December 10 22:57 GMT (UK) »
following on from reply 140

1891 census
3, Canterbury Road, Camberwell, Peckham, London
William Firkins....Head...49...Chimney Sweep.......Hoxton
Jane..........".......Wife.....49...................................Bermondsey
Sarah........".......Daur.....23..........Laundress........Walworth
Rose.........."......Daur......14...................................Camberwell
Joseph......".......Son.......12...................................Camberwell
William......".......Son.......10...................................Camberwell
Henry........".......Son.......18...................................Camberwell
---------

1881 census
30 Regent St, Camberwell, Surrey
William Firkins...Head....39......Chimney Cleaner....Curtain Road, London, Middx
Jane........."........Wife.....39.....................................Bermondsey, Surrey 
Thomas....".........Son.....17..Chimney Cleaner..Rudgely, Staffordshire (B.Jun qtr 1864 Lichfield R.D) 
Sarah.......".........Daur....12.........Scholar......Walworth, Surrey (B.Dec qtr 1868 Newington R.D)
Walter....."..........Son.......8..........Scholar.....Camberwell, Surrey (B. Sep qtr 1873 camberwell R.D)
Rose........"..........Daur.....5....Scholar...Camberwell, Surrey (B. Maria Rosina Firkins Dec qtr 1875 Camberwell R.D) 
Joseph....."..........Son......3....................Camberwell, Surrey (B.Mar qtr 1878 Camberwell R.D) 
William....."..........Son......0.....................Camberwell, Surrey (B.Jun qtr 1880 Camberwell R.D)
William Newman..Appren...22...Chimney Cleaner (Appren).....Ireland 
Henery Henderson....Servant...18...Chimney Cleaner....Walworth, Surrey
---------

1861 census
85, Great George Street, Bermondsey, Southwark, London, Surrey
William Firkins............Head.....20..............Dyer..........................London
Jane..........."..............Wife......20................................................London
William........".............Son........7 months.....................................London
-----------

Dec qtr 1860, Bermondsey R.D
William Firkins (junior) was born.
-------------

1851 census
Woods Buildings, Saint Mary Newington, Lambeth, Saint Peter Walworth, Surrey
William Bryant......Head......37......Tan Te?? Maker...Bermondsey, Surrey
Mary..........."........Wife........37.................................Bermondsey, Surrey
William.......".........Son........13......At Home..............Bermondsey, Surrey
Jane..........."........Daur.........9........scholar...............Bermondsey, Surrey
Thomas......".........Son..........6........scholar...............Newington, Surrey
Joseph.......".........Son.........11......At Home..............Bermondsey?, Surrey
-----------

Offline Susan Todd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: BRYANT's / BRIANT's found 1851 Southwark, Surrey
« Reply #142 on: Friday 04 May 18 18:54 BST (UK) »
I am Bryant born in Peckham, my father was from Walworth!

I