Author Topic: "The Victory" public house, Newmarket  (Read 15325 times)

Offline Nlhs

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: "The Victory" public house, Newmarket
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 07 December 08 20:13 GMT (UK) »
Sorry Annie Burns, I have only just logged onto this site.

As the webmaster for the Newmarket Local History Society I would just inform you that our URL has been changed and is now http://www.newmarketlhs.org.uk

We have had some recent correspondence about the old Icewell Hill complex and The Victory Pub. I hope soon to do an article about it on our website with pictures.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline annieoburns

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 07 December 08 22:49 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that! This site  is really a great resource ...  It posted me a direct email alerting me to your reply even tho topic really closed. I have has some great contacts in other areas of interest.  I am sorry I have not anything more to contribute to your Victory Pub research save the family background on one of the proprietors.  I would appreciate a private posting of your article or will it be on your website?

Anne
Wiffen, Utton, Clark, Spires,  Frisby, Raybould, Charlton, Green, (England)
Flood,  Daly, Doran, Mc Kercher, Gardiner, (Ireland/England)
Reid, Burns  (Ireland)
McGourty, Daly (Ireland/America)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Nlhs

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 08 December 08 09:25 GMT (UK) »
That was quick Anne,

I am obtaining some pictures of the old Icewell Hill Newmarket site from an ex-resident and I intend soon to do a feature on the NLHS website with pictures. See also some correspondence already on the site.
In the meantime, here is a rather poor quality picture that shows the old Victory pub.

Offline annieoburns

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 08 December 08 09:53 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that! Yes very efficient site this!  Did you see an earlier post in this thread from Agooner who said he had a photo somewhere of the pub? If you hover over their name and click on it, you can send a private post.   Maybe I will give it a go as I see he/she only posted one message.  I have an address of Albion Street I think from 1841 census... imagine it is one of your network of streets in Mill Hill area.  I must take a look at your website....
Anne
Wiffen, Utton, Clark, Spires,  Frisby, Raybould, Charlton, Green, (England)
Flood,  Daly, Doran, Mc Kercher, Gardiner, (Ireland/England)
Reid, Burns  (Ireland)
McGourty, Daly (Ireland/America)