Author Topic: Hasler names origins  (Read 3897 times)

Offline Hasler

• RootsChat Extra
  • My Mum made this dress
    • View Profile
Re: Hasler names origins
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 26 July 08 23:12 BST (UK) »
Ok will have alook

thanks for all your help

take care
Carol
HASLER, THOMPSON, SMITH, WHEELER, SINFIELD, BASS, MALE, RIDLEY, WILKES,
HARRINGTON, ADAMSON, HARRISON, LANGAN, HARVEY,

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline aeriehollow119

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 02 February 16 19:17 GMT (UK) »
Yes, the Hasler surname is Swiss and/or German.  Ancient family surnames often loose their origin over time.  Many different spellings.  Visit https://archive.org/stream/pdfy-GymZ6mfvAzoZpNGj/Hasler%20Families%20and%20Where%20pdf The pdf is a translation by Helen Hasler Dempsey and explains the origins as well as the various spellings.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Yggdrasil3927

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 23 August 16 18:34 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I am related to the Hasler/Bohannon/Beard families of Essex. Unfortunately I have no information that you already don't know. Intact, you possibly know more than I do. However, I have had my DNA done and I have a heck of a lot of Germanic DNA in me, yet no English. I would, therefore take Hasler as being German.

Emily.
Hasler Bohannon Beard Gandy Clayden Thurley Rhodes Hilton Price