Author Topic: ** RootsChat Topics: Scanning and Posting images **  (Read 25370 times)

Offline BevL

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Message for Restorers
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 23 August 07 03:12 BST (UK) »
It's definitely a good idea and I am sure everyone will do this.   For example, just imagine how much it would cost to get the things done with photographs that our experts do out of the goodness of their hearts.
The photograph restoration is the first thing I read when signing on!
Kind regards
Bev
MOORE (Kent) & FRENCH (Sussex) & Western Australia, LOVE (Kent), ROPER 1810 (N Ireland). ADAM 1808 (Paisley), Scotland, Victoria & West Aust, TROTTER 1700's onwards  Northern Ireland, Scotland & Aust, FLAHERTY 1791/2 (Ireland) CHAPMAN (Kent) &  Western Australia, CARROLL & POWER. Ireland & Western  Australia, FISHER  Lancashire & Western Australia, FIDLER Denton, Lancashire, Victoria, MARSH Essex & Western Australia, COOPER - Southwark, London, Victoria
All to the lucky country.

Offline cazza59

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 23 August 07 04:52 BST (UK) »
As one of your appreciative 'clients' I'd like to offer a suggestion.  Would it be more obvious and helpful if a heading re scanning were typed in BOLD CAPS and maybe even underlined or in different colour, as the last item of 'stickies'?

Kathleen

Hope you don't mind me adding my two cents' worth.   :)

Hi Kathleen

Sorry I misunderstood.  Yes, it would be a very good idea, the trick is though to get people to visit there before posting.  That's why I thought at the bottom of the profile was a good idea as while not many people read the top of the board before posting, I'm sure most view previously restored pics.  So if every restorer had it in their profile, you would see it a number of times per pic...(a bit like brainwashing  :P :P :P)

Caz
Wilkinson - Shropshire;  Jones - Hereford; Mitchell - Brighton; Emery - Brighton; Hall - Brighton Christopher - Dorset; Bussell - Dorset; <br /><br /><br />This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><]

Offline Little Nell

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 23 August 07 13:34 BST (UK) »
Well, I can do part of it for you  :)

I will now sticky this topic so that it does not disappear down the list.  I will also lock it (if you don't mind).

As far as the bold capitals is concerned - can't do that I'm afraid.  The main reason is that notification e-mails for any topic with a title in capitals tends to get bounced as spam.

But I'll try to make the topic noticeable.  ;)

Nell
All census information: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Berlin-Bob

• Caretaker
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: RootsChat Topics: Scanning and Posting Images
« Reply #12 on: Monday 31 March 08 16:10 BST (UK) »
Practice makes perfect  ;D

but please practice here ...

Topic: Adding images to Posting & Profiles - Practice Post
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,370415.0.html

Have fun,
Bob
Any UK Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)