Author Topic: FRY Family - Lacock, Wiltshire  (Read 40366 times)

Offline hs

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: FRY Family - Lacock, Wiltshire
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 24 November 10 22:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I have Joseph Croker Fry b 1885 Lacock. Parents -
Frederick Fry b 1853 Lacock and Helen Jane Croker -
then
John Fry 1828 Stanley (nr chippenham) and cousin Betty Elizabeth Fry 1826 Kington St Michael

John's parents
Jacob Fry 1792 Bremhill and Betty Clark

cousin Betty's parents
John Fry 1794 Bremhill and Harriet Slade

John and Jacob's parents are Joseph Fry and Elizabeth Gaby

someone on ancestry has Joseph's parents as  William Fry and Jane and then William's father as John Fry brother to Joseph Fry the chocolate man!
but can't be sure without some proper research at Chippenham when I'm able

Offline jomiskelly

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 25 November 10 02:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I have Joseph Croker Fry b 1885 Lacock. Parents -
Frederick Fry b 1853 Lacock and Helen Jane Croker -
then
John Fry 1828 Stanley (nr chippenham) and cousin Betty Elizabeth Fry 1826 Kington St Michael

John's parents
Jacob Fry 1792 Bremhill and Betty Clark

cousin Betty's parents
John Fry 1794 Bremhill and Harriet Slade

John and Jacob's parents are Joseph Fry and Elizabeth Gaby

someone on ancestry has Joseph's parents as  William Fry and Jane and then William's father as John Fry brother to Joseph Fry the chocolate man!
but can't be sure without some proper research at Chippenham when I'm able
Dear hs
Can you please help.  I have John Fry (husband to Harriet Slade) parents as William Fry and Ann Hillier.  William and Ann (Hillier) Fry were married 24 mar 1788 at langley Burrell.  They had 12 children and I have No5 as John bn 1796 bp 23 Dec 1798 Chippenham.  I relate to William and Ann's youngest child Edward bn 1815 Langley burrell who married Jane Wheeler.
Could you please clarify why you think your John's parents were Joseph and Elizabeth (Gaby).  Have I gone wrong, if so where?  I don't know of William and Ann having a son Jacob  :-\

Best wishes

Jo
Gloucestershire - Clark(e), Cooper, Day, Gay, Hacker, Hale, King, Lines, Perriman, Summers,
Llandudno - Hughes, Jones, Owens, Williams
Northamptonshire - Collis, Elliott
Sussex -  Burgess, Colvin, Goldsmith, Midmore, Weham
Wiltshire - Fry, Hillier, Perkins, Wheeler

Offline hs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 25 November 10 18:26 GMT (UK) »
The John Fry b. 1794 at Bremhill that married Harriet Slade in 1823  Bremhill is not of the same family as yours.

Your Edward Fry's parents are as you say, the chippenham family William Fry and Ann Hillier. 
William  1763 was a gardener as was his father William Fry who married a Jane Fry 1763 Chippenham.
Am shortly moving up to Wiltshire, so, if you can't get there, will try to go to Chippenham FHcentre and go though the records for you to see what else can find BUT will probably need a reminder early 2011!!

Am sure they must all be related further back somehow..........

Hilary

Offline jomiskelly

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 25 November 10 20:18 GMT (UK) »
Dear Hilary,

VERY many thanks for that.  Unfortunately I'm in NZ these days!  so Chippenham is a little too far on the bus. :D
ANY info would be MOST welcome as I am stuck at exactly that point, though I didn't know my William Fry Snr who married Jane (Unknown) was a gardener.  I did know William Jnr was and so too was my Edward and one of his sons Henry William (my G Grandfather).  You've been MOST kind and I cheekily look forward to any other bits you come across.

Thanks and sorry to have hijacked your family!

Regards

Jo
Gloucestershire - Clark(e), Cooper, Day, Gay, Hacker, Hale, King, Lines, Perriman, Summers,
Llandudno - Hughes, Jones, Owens, Williams
Northamptonshire - Collis, Elliott
Sussex -  Burgess, Colvin, Goldsmith, Midmore, Weham
Wiltshire - Fry, Hillier, Perkins, Wheeler

Offline tarnrodgersjohns

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 26 December 10 17:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi, stumbled onto this thread when I was searching google for my 'Fry' ancestors. I haven't got very far with the Fry's, the furthest back I can go is 'Stephen Fry' who was born in 1843 and died 1911, he was married to Caroline Fry (nee Box). I know they had a son, Charles Fry, who died in WWI as this was my 2x great grandfather. Anyone got any more info related to this thread of the family? We were from the Sussex/Kent area.

Offline Tillie-NZ

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 31 January 11 03:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,
I'm trying to find Fry's from Chippenham in Wiltshire, my forebears Henry and Ann sailed on the Will Watch and Lloyds ships respectively and settled in Riwaka, Motueka, New Zealand.
Henry was born in Chippenham in 1817 and Ann (nee Gagg) was born in Charleton, Wiltshire in 1820. I think Ann's parents were Richard and Ann, but I'm not sure of anything beforehand, as I'm dying to find out where they were from and the lineage back as far as possible! Thank you in advance!
Fry - Goulton - Farr - Langford - Wilson - Russ

Offline sherriefr70

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 02 May 11 19:00 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I am looking for the Fry connection to the plantagenets. My husband is a Fry and his cousins in Liverpool are doing family geneology and think they may have found a direct connection but I cannot find any. I do know that it is connected in some way as the plantagenets were connected to frys chocolate family line which is my husband's family line. His father was named after Joseph Fry, the founder of Fry's chocolate. If anyone has any information on this please email me and let me know.

Thanks,

Sherrie Fry

Offline martin young

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 02 August 11 16:54 BST (UK) »
To Martin Young.    I am new to posting.  Hope this is going in the right direction.  "Fry's from Bristol and Somerset"  I have Fry's on my tree.  I wonder if they fit in with yours anywhere?  James Albert Fry b 1872 West Buckland, married Elizabeth Hill (my ancestor).  James' father was James Fry b 1834 Culmstock, who married Mary Burge.   His father was William Fry b 1803 Culmstock who married an Ann.  His father was James Fry 1772-1843, who married Mary Tucker.  I have no idea whether any of these are 'Fry's Chocolate' but it would be interesting to find out.

Dorothy

Hi Dorothy. Sorry for not replying sooner; I really should check this board more often.

I'm afraid I cannot find any of those you have named on the Pedigree. This does not mean they are not part of the same family, however, as the Pedigree has large gaps. I do not see Culmstock appear anywhere it either.

I do not know of any Frys from Culmstock in my family. William is not a name that appears anywhere in the family history I have uncovered, but I do have a James.

I think it is unlikely that our Frys are one and the same.

Offline martin young

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 03 August 11 10:36 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I am looking for the Fry connection to the plantagenets. My husband is a Fry and his cousins in Liverpool are doing family geneology and think they may have found a direct connection but I cannot find any. I do know that it is connected in some way as the plantagenets were connected to frys chocolate family line which is my husband's family line. His father was named after Joseph Fry, the founder of Fry's chocolate. If anyone has any information on this please email me and let me know.

Thanks,

Sherrie Fry

Sherrie my Frys went to Liverpool. Do you have any info you can share?

Re: Plantagenets; the Pedigree goes back to 1525 so may help you.