Author Topic: Longmuir Kincardineshire  (Read 37631 times)

Offline petergrahamniven

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Longmuir Kincardineshire
« Reply #36 on: Monday 23 November 15 16:10 GMT (UK) »
hi andy, i am descended from anne brand and john longmuir through my maternal grandmother who was meta jeanetta steel howie.

my records have john longmuir's parents as james longmuir and margaret walker.  john longmuir and anne brand had a son called kirkpatrick w. longmuir who married elizabeth balfour.  they had a son who married Bridget welsh.  they had a daughter called georgina m .longmuir who was married to john byers but georgina had a laison with a thomas moore (a groom to georgina & john byers) which produced a daughter whose name was mary jane longmuir, my great grandmother.  mj longmuir married james m. howie and their daughter was meta jeanetta steele howie.  she then married alexander crichton and their daughter, my mother, was born in 1932 in rattrey.  hope this helps

Offline jutland3

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Monday 30 November 15 07:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi Peter - your Mother is my cousin and has a disc with all the info about the family on her side...I  gave it to her,  if you  need more, let me know

Offline mbrown2124

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Monday 11 January 16 04:48 GMT (UK) »
hi all,
I'm directly descended from george longmuir and margaret mckay. They were my gggreat grandparents. my line then follows to david longmuir and sarah jane keatly, then john longmuir and mary jane trueman, then alfred william longmuir. he was my paternal grandfather. i have only recently discovered who he was.
would there be anyone out there that has a picture of him or anyone else they would be willing to share?
regards margaret