Author Topic: Completed: North Shields/Tynemouth Parish Look up please?  (Read 6218 times)

Offline victoriajoule

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Completed: North Shields/Tynemouth Parish Look up please?
« on: Tuesday 29 July 08 07:13 BST (UK) »
Hi

I was wondering (without meaning to sound too cheeky!) if someone could do a look up of Northshields Parish records for me.

I am trying to track down children of a Charles and Isabella Jowsey.  I have identified one child whose details are as follows:
Leonard Jowsey - baptised 26th December 1824 at Christ Church in Tynemouth.

I was wondering if someone could look up the parish records say for 5 years either side to see if there were any other children.  The name Charles is a family name so may possibly have been used.

I am hoping that if I can identify other children it might give me a lead on Charles and Isabella.  The only reference I have been able to find other than Leonards baptism is a possible marriage at Shadwell St Paul (London) in 1814 - though that is a long way from the North East!

Thanks

Victoria
North shields, tynemouth, prudhoe, west wylam, urchfont, isle of thanet

Offline diddymiller

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: North Shields/Tynemouth Parish Look up please?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 29 July 08 09:02 BST (UK) »
HI, I do not have the parish records but out of interest looked up the jowsey name in the 1851 written index to the census for N. Shields:

Jowsey  margaret wife 35  seamans wife  N.Shields   520/2
              Michael     son   6                               ""            ""

you may have these already.

Diddy
Cooks -(Clackmannanshire); Erskines - (fife); Youngs - (Dunfermline); Charltons - (Tyneside ); Skillings - (N.Norfolk); Legg - (N.Yorks, Tyneside) ; Carter - (Durham); Miller -(suffolk); Pattinson -(Lincs)

Offline diddymiller

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 29 July 08 09:12 BST (UK) »
if you go to the LDS site:

www.familysearch.org

and put in Jowsey, england you will see all the births etc in Northumberland!!

will have a browse for the names you gave.
Diddy
Cooks -(Clackmannanshire); Erskines - (fife); Youngs - (Dunfermline); Charltons - (Tyneside ); Skillings - (N.Norfolk); Legg - (N.Yorks, Tyneside) ; Carter - (Durham); Miller -(suffolk); Pattinson -(Lincs)

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Rosalie Mathilda Jönsson 1916-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 29 July 08 09:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Victoria,

The Tynemouth Bishops Transcripts are online at http://search.labs.familysearch.org/recordsearch
you have to register, but it's free to search, scroll down the right to Durham Diocese and trawl away!

Leonard's is there, 26th December 1824, parents Chas & Isabella Jowsey, Low Street, Charles' occupation Mariner

Perhaps if you find them on the IGI family search first as Diddy suggested, then it will be quicker to check for more details on the searchlabs site

Barbara  :)
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline 2zpool

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 29 July 08 15:27 BST (UK) »
My index of Christ Church only has the Leonard for those parents from 1813-1839.  There are other Jowsey families.

Janis
Co. Durham:  Hall, Snowdon, Makepeace, Barnfather, Barrass, Gray/Grey, Wilson, Carr, Cole, Richardson, Greener, Lamb
Northumberland:  Grey/Gray, Richardson, Barnfather, Heron, Redpath
------------------------------------------------------------------
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline victoriajoule

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 29 July 08 20:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Everyone

Thanks for all of the suggestions.  I had tried the IGI site already and couldn't find any other children for Charles and Isabella - which is why I was hoping for someone to just double check the parish records.  Janis - thank you for doing this.

Barbara - I hadn't heard of the searchlabs site so thats a new one for me!

Diddy - I have Margaret and Michel on my radar...just not sure where they fit in   :-\

Much appreciated!

Victoria
North shields, tynemouth, prudhoe, west wylam, urchfont, isle of thanet

Offline susan193

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 09 September 08 19:27 BST (UK) »
will have a go for you .
moody fletcher mcguinness robinson husrt of dukinfield cheshire and parkin of yorkshire and dukinfield.