Author Topic: Help! - Thomas Reed, b. Drogheda 1800/01  (Read 3940 times)

Offline manny66

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Help! - Thomas Reed, b. Drogheda 1800/01
« on: Thursday 31 July 08 22:42 BST (UK) »
This is a very, very long shot I know, but I am desperate for any information about my Great Great Great Grandfather Thomas Reed, born Drogheda, County Louth, Ireland , 1800/01, and his family.
I have no information with regards to his family in Ireland. He married Sarah Pledger in Strethall, Essex in 1825 and died Saffron Walden, Essex, 1864. I don't know when or why he came to England.
I have searched the intenet for any leads but to no avail. I stumbled upon the Louth County Library records site but the birth year(s) I am looking for are missing from their records!
If anyone has any piece of information, however small, or any advice they can give me, then I would be very grateful to hear fom them.

Thanks,

Michael

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Help! - Thomas Reed, b. Drogheda 1800/01
« Reply #1 on: Friday 01 August 08 10:16 BST (UK) »
The same post:
www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=318615.new

To avoid duplication all replies should go in one place- please post replies here.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Mattock

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help! - Thomas Reed, b. Drogheda 1800/01
« Reply #2 on: Monday 24 January 11 23:33 GMT (UK) »
A baptism of a Thomas Reed is recorded in Collon Church of Ireland register on April 30th 1797, son of John Reed and his wife Bridget. John was Groom to the last Speaker of the Irish House of Commons, John Foster. Collon is seven miles from Drogheda so there might be a connection.