Author Topic: Higginsons of Hopes Place, Bretton, Hawarden  (Read 21715 times)

Offline Nozzy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Higginsons of Hopes Place, Bretton, Hawarden
« Reply #45 on: Thursday 26 January 17 20:49 GMT (UK) »
Amazing you know about Lou Bamber, she seems to have been a character, a strong woman. S thinks he met her when he was a child. We also have a photo of her. S is amazed about the connection! I am going to endeavour to do some collating this weekend. We realised what we had always called 'the cemetery in Smithdown Road' is called Toxteth Park Cemetery.Have you actually been there? Have you been to Liverpool, Cheshire and/or N Wales? I would be interested in anything you have including the newspaper articles described the horrible death of Richard Higginson in 1860.
Congratulations on the wedded bliss!

Offline paulawilder1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Friday 27 January 17 12:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi Nozzy, I have not been to ANY of these places. I have spent years looking at documents concerning Liverpool on line, and have pictures of my grandmother in Liverpool, but I have never been there. On the other hand I did live in London for one year when I was eleven years old, because my father took a sabatical year, and I went to a stage school in Wimbledon (Associated Arts School) run by Letty Littlewood. I have a great desire to see Liverpool, and all those places. I would also love to see Chester, and Bretton, and Hope's Place, etc !

P.S. I sent you a personal message.

Offline paulawilder1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Saturday 28 January 17 10:27 GMT (UK) »
P.S. My grandmother's youngest brother (Norman Cowdell) remained in Vancouver, and his daughter tells me that she remembers her father talking about “Aunt Lou”, she has a childhood memory of meeting her, and vaguely remembers some mention of Irene. She also thinks her Dad kept in touch with Aunt Lou until she died.

Offline Nozzy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Sunday 29 January 17 21:28 GMT (UK) »
That's amazing! I could tell the cousin in Vancouver i.e. Lou's grandson, but he doesn't seem interested after saying he was previously?! Have sent him family history stuff years ago, but never got any kind of response, so didn't bother again. He is a Mormon and I thought they were interested in that sort of thing and it also seems a shame when he is a horse vet  :(

Offline jillrose

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday 01 February 17 17:57 GMT (UK) »
Hello Paula

In the quest for Higginsons your correspondents have already provided  a lot of answers but I wondered if you might like to take a look at the Higginsons on my website?  I've filled in a lot of entries from the transcribed parish registers for Hawarden and nearby areas, presently avoiding the Wrexham area registers.  I noted there was some confusion between Higgins and Higginson in Trelawnyd - my ref. 273.

If you think there might be something useful Wrexham way I could fill in more.

Best wishes

Jill Rose
www.clwydsurnames.org.uk

Offline jillrose

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday 01 February 17 23:40 GMT (UK) »
You may already have this one but just in case you haven't:

Holt
 20 Jul 1817 mar by Banns of
              Richard HIGGINSON (farmer) & Hannah MITCHEL (sig. MITCHELL) sp
              Wits: Owen DOD, Wm JONES

Jill

Offline paulawilder1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Saturday 04 February 17 20:59 GMT (UK) »
Hello Jill, I would love to take a look at your website. Thank you for that. Yes I do have the Higginson-Mitchell marriage.  I figure that the Richard Higginson - farmer -who married Hannah Mitchell is an uncle to Richard Higginson- Engine Driver who married Mary Price. I believe R.H farmer is a younger brother of the Joseph Higginson, farmer of Eaton who married Ann Leyfield of Eccleston in Eccleston in 1806 and lived and died at Hopes Place.

Offline jillrose

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Sunday 05 February 17 18:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi Paula

Just to let you know that 123-reg appear to have resolved their 'outage' and I have now been able to upload the rest of the content for the surname Higginson on my website.

Jill
www.clwydsurnames.org.uk

Offline paulawilder1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Monday 06 February 17 00:10 GMT (UK) »
Wow, Jill that is a stupendous site ! what a lot of painstaking work went into that ! What a treasure mine. Thank you for sharing this amazing resource. Now I am combing it trying to find a burial and death date for Elizabeth (Higginson) Jones, wife of Samuel Jones (of Hopes Place). She and her husband are still living in the 1881 census (still and Hope's Place) - after that I lose them.