Author Topic: Mary Hubbard of Balderton  (Read 3583 times)

Offline Trisha

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Mary Hubbard of Balderton
« on: Wednesday 26 January 05 11:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I've posted a request very like this efore but I felt it needed refreshing.
Can anyone find a MARY HUBBARD-born circa 1814 in either Balderton or Southwell.She married a William HOE and died in 1854 aged 40.
I already know when she was married and when she died.What I'm most interested in is if anyone can find evidence of who her parents were either through her birth or christening records :).
Many thanks to anyone who can help me.
Trisha. :)
Nottinghamshire: Pacey Hoe Hubbard Taylor,Plumber,Ownsworth,Harvey
Lincolnshire: Pacey Ragsdell Trafford Skelton Norton Lincoln Chester Smith Gilbert Palmer Rawding Baggerley Pask Welch Wright Green Clarke Dawson Grey Johnson Burton Wright Scargall Day.
Bedfordshire: Timms Virgin Hallsworth Kirby Osborn Basset Nixson Harding Odell Clark Thompson.
Northamptonshire: Ragsdell Waller Coales Breem Peak Wallet. Drake.
Norfolk: Palmer Howard Harpely Codling Mark

Offline Heather D

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Hubbard of Balderton
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 26 January 05 11:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi Trisha,

I suspect that no-one has come forward because the Balderton baptisms are not included on the Notts FHS index. The baptisms for Southwell are there, but nothing for Mary. In fact the only baptism of  a Hubbard between 1560 and 1904 Southwell is an Anne baptised to Thomas and Mary in 1837, the year after Mary's marriage.

This makes me think they were not a Southwell family but probably strayed there briefly. Have you asked anyone to check whether any Hubbards were in Southwell or Balderton in the 1841 census?

Otherwise, unless you are lucky and find someone researching the same family, it's going to mean taking a look at Balderton parish records.

Heather
Nottinghamshire: Willmott, Williams, Oldham, Padgett, Burden, Stokes, Huskinson, Tuckwood, Morley, Barnett
Lincolnshire: Foster, Dennis, Mowbray
Leicestershire: Mowbray,Hudson, Tuckwood
Derbyshire: Starbrook
Somerset: Willmott, Elliott
Cork:Driscoll, Murphy
London Surrey:Driscoll, Cheesman
London Kent:Cheesman
Kent:Cheesman, Davis, West, Hills, Kneller, Bones, Eastup

Census information is crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Trisha

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Hubbard of Balderton
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 26 January 05 13:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Heather,
thanks for the info.That explains the lack of interest.Can't get to the record office to look myself and I feel a bit awkward asking someone to go an look for me. :-[It's different if they have the info to hand and are offering it as people so generously do on this site.I'll just have to consign her to the filing cabinet and get on with searching for another person in my tree :'(
Best wishes,
Trisha.
Nottinghamshire: Pacey Hoe Hubbard Taylor,Plumber,Ownsworth,Harvey
Lincolnshire: Pacey Ragsdell Trafford Skelton Norton Lincoln Chester Smith Gilbert Palmer Rawding Baggerley Pask Welch Wright Green Clarke Dawson Grey Johnson Burton Wright Scargall Day.
Bedfordshire: Timms Virgin Hallsworth Kirby Osborn Basset Nixson Harding Odell Clark Thompson.
Northamptonshire: Ragsdell Waller Coales Breem Peak Wallet. Drake.
Norfolk: Palmer Howard Harpely Codling Mark