Author Topic: Baraddan cemetery  (Read 2379 times)

Offline jmh690

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Baraddan cemetery
« on: Sunday 10 August 08 21:35 BST (UK) »
Would anyone please  take a camera to Braddan cemetery and photograph the grave of ARTHUR GREER died 25th April 1899
Many thanks
Jane

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Voirrey M

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Baraddan cemetery
« Reply #1 on: Monday 11 August 08 20:02 BST (UK) »
You   need   to   give   the  plot   number  if    you   know   it.  Braddan  is  one   of   the  largest  grveyards

in   the   IOM.

Have   you   checked   that  there   is   a   headstone? 

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline jmh690

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 11 August 08 21:28 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for your prompt reply

Sadly I do not know the plot number all I know is that his obituary was in the Isle of Man Times on 29th April 1899 saying internment was in Braddan cemetery.
I feel sure he would have had a headstone as he was an influential business man who at one time lived in Ballasalla House, Ballasalla. Family gossip always said there was a stone and I just hoped that in this digital age someone might be able to photograph it for me.

Many thanks

Jane

Offline Voirrey M

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 11 August 08 21:43 BST (UK) »
Try   posting   a   request   on                           www.isleofman.com/Community/Genealogy.aspx

This   message   board   has   several  members  who  may   do  a   look  up   for  you  in   their  personal
copies  of   IOMFHS  Burial  &  Monumental  Inscription Indexes   copied   in   graveyards  by  members  years
ago.

Then   there   is   a   kind  soul  who  does  often  photograph  graves.   She   needs   the   plot  reference--
as   I   mentioned   Braddan  graveyards   are  large.

Offline jmh690

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 11 August 08 21:48 BST (UK) »
Many thanks

Jane