Author Topic: Windross Family  (Read 10398 times)

Offline crystal-tips

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Windross Family
« on: Sunday 11 April 04 23:48 BST (UK) »
I have been researching the Windross family for sometime now and have managed to track several families movements around Yorkshire, Canada & America.
Would love to hear from anybody also researching this family.
 :)
Researching-Schofield, Wood, Dent, Jackson, Dickinson, Gray, Windross, Gelderd, Lightfoot, Stockdale in Yorkshire, Harding in Devon, Sturley in Pembrokeshire, Price & Parry in Liverpool & North Wales, Butler, Laverty, Brennan, Doyle, Ferns in Liverpool & Ireland, Drysdale, Hunter, Dewar, Abercrombie, Hunter in Scotland

Offline RootsChat

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • RootsChat Administration
    • View Profile
Re:Windross Family
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 18 April 04 15:40 BST (UK) »
Hello Crystal-Tips,

What years does your research cover, have you managed to find them in any census returns as yet  ???

RootsChat ;D
Broken Links: Please report to us of any links that no longer work, or ones that are no longer appropriate by clicking the "Report to moderator" link on the message. Thanks! Get Poster

Offline crystal-tips

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 18 April 04 16:16 BST (UK) »
My research starts in Cold Kirby about 1700 with William Windross & Elizabeth Metcalfe. As far as I can see they had two children - William & Joseph. The next generations remained in Cold Kirby.

From there the families spread outwards I have traced  descendants with the name of Windross to Helmsley, Bilsdale, Ripon, Carlton Minniott, Horsforth in Leeds, Boltby, Bilsdale, Sutton, Thirlby, Rawden, Bagby, Catton, Tanfield, Brompton, Easingwold, Balk, York, Pickering and Dalton to name a few.  

John Windross born 1780 in Cold Kirby & his wife Jemima Skelton emigrated to America with  four children, shortly after their arrival their fifth child was born. I have also traced descendants of this American Windross family.

I also Windross census info but too much to list here.
Researching-Schofield, Wood, Dent, Jackson, Dickinson, Gray, Windross, Gelderd, Lightfoot, Stockdale in Yorkshire, Harding in Devon, Sturley in Pembrokeshire, Price & Parry in Liverpool & North Wales, Butler, Laverty, Brennan, Doyle, Ferns in Liverpool & Ireland, Drysdale, Hunter, Dewar, Abercrombie, Hunter in Scotland

Offline ukborn

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 23 April 04 20:38 BST (UK) »
Am researching this particular Windross line, would love to chat ;)

Offline crystal-tips

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 24 April 04 12:09 BST (UK) »
Which line are you descended from? Would love to know.
Have sent you a private message.

Offline AW

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 25 April 04 21:29 BST (UK) »
I have been researching my family line for about twenty
years now and i am really pleased to find someone who has researched the same line as i have. My line also starts with William Windross and Elizabeth Metcalfe and also includes all the places you have researched .
I have spent many hours in the record offices searching
for information on the descendants of William Windross
and Elizabeth Metcalfe. I  published all this information a year or two ago onto  the internet, so it is freely available to people researching this and other names.
I would be interested to hear from you .

Offline crystal-tips

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 25 April 04 22:10 BST (UK) »
If I'm correct in guessing who you are
                            ???
I think perhaps we have already been in contact, (5th Nov 2003).

I saw your site and e-mailed you to ask why you concluded that William & Ann were the parents of William and how you arrived at William Windross & Elizabeth Metcalfe.

William Windross & Elleanor Knowles where my
  :)Great  :)great  :)great  :)great  :)great grandparents!

Other Windross researchers all seem to have come across your really useful site :) it certainly answered a lot of my questions. Brilliant :)

Offline AW

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 26 April 04 12:55 BST (UK) »
Yes i do know who you are now, many thanks for the information concerning
Easingwold that you gave me then , it certainly filled in some more information that i have recently updated .
Thanks to yourself and to a person from NY that has also helped with this updated information.  

Offline allenw

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 24 May 04 12:18 BST (UK) »
Hello,
I am interested in my ancestor from Cold Kirby - George Windross born 1769 married Rachel Fawcett. Descendants to US, Canada and Australia.
Allen Windross :)