Author Topic: BOUCHER-Coombs-Chilcott-Burwood-Gerrard-Morey in BRIDPORT-BURTON BRADSTOCK  (Read 2824 times)

aus-winthrop

I have one Absalom BOUCHER b: c. 1790 marrying Priscilla COOMBS in 1825 in Bridport. Absalom was a Farmer, Butler, Man Servant & Inn Keeper. Have loads of information on his descendents including his 6th child GEORGE BOUCHER, my g-g-grdfather who moved to GUERNSEY, CI ...... BUT, can't find where Absalom was born or his parents.
If anyone has heard of this man ABSALOM BOUCHER prior to 1825, I'd love to hear from you and of course if anyone is interested in this BOUCHER family, I will share what I have found.
With thanks
Cherlock in Oz

Offline Berlin-Bob

• Caretaker
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: BOUCHER-Coombs-Chilcott-Burwood-Gerrard-Morey in BRIDPORT-BURTON BRADSTOCK
« Reply #1 on: Friday 28 January 05 10:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi Cherlock,

Just out of curiosity, I entered "Absalom Boucher" in Google and got several hits, including:

1) www.dcda.org.uk/TitheApps/TITHESTG.htm

Tithe Map Apportionment Transcription, Shipton Gorge
(Shipton Gorge is three miles east of Bridport, fourteen miles west of Dorchester and two miles from the Jurassic coast at Burton Bradstock. ...
www.shiptongorge.org.uk/)

Landowners   Occupiers  Name & description of lands & premises  State of Cultivation  Quantities in Statute Measure   Remark
78 Absalom BOUCHER Robert MEECH & Another House & Gardens - - - 11 No Rent Charge is Apportioned

if you go to the home page http://www.dcda.org.uk and click on "interactive maps", then "tithe apportionments" you can view the actual images from 1842 !
http://www.dcda.org.uk/TitheApps/ithe%20Transcription%20Tithe%20Parishs_NWDorset.htm will give you a map of the parishes.

2) several entries at the www.british-genealogy.com forums. I think I recognised you there !

3) an entry at www.bakery.co.uk/sandd/ Somerset and Dorset Names.  Recognised you again, I think !

I hope the Absalom Boucher in Tithe Apportionments is yours !

If you are searching Dorset you probably know the Dorset OPC site: www.dorset-opc.com
If not, check it out - giant database !!!

Good Luck
Bob
Any UK Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)