Author Topic: Jane Younger (nee Hunter)  (Read 57007 times)

Offline macalloa

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Jane Younger (nee Hunter)
« Reply #45 on: Sunday 06 September 09 11:21 BST (UK) »
Several Robert's in the Younger brewing family generations - but none born 1879.

Offline macclan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Monday 19 October 09 23:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Everyone,

I am connected to the Younger Family through Jane Edgar Younger & James Knox Russell and am looking for the full names, birth, marriage & death dates & spouse details for their children, James, Margaret, Jane and Violet Russell. Any help will be gratefully received.

Offline macclan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday 21 April 10 20:48 BST (UK) »
Can anyone please tell me where William Younger, married to Grizel Syme/Sim fits into the Younger family tree?

I have so many William Younger's in my tree without birth dates, that I just can't figure it out.

Any information on his parents, siblings, children would be most appreciated.

Offline PSBOTTE

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Saturday 18 June 11 09:44 BST (UK) »
My great-grandmother was Sheila May Younger, born on April 5th 1912, to Leila And William Douglas Younger. I know Leila and William Douglas were emigrants, but I am not aware of whether it was them or W. D.'s parents that emigrated. I have also heard that my great-grandmother was related to the Younger brewing family, and I wanted to find out the validity of these claims. I don't know if it helps, but both her and her parents lived in South Africa for a long time.

Thank you very much,
Pedro de Sacadura Botte

Offline cbjackie

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Thursday 06 October 11 19:39 BST (UK) »
Hello smallholderitm,
I've only just stumbled across this site, while looking for the place an ancestor lived - which was Fearns Gart Greenie. He was James Younger, a joiner, b 1826, who moved to Birkenhead and he was my father's Gt grandfather. I think we might be distant cousins!

Offline storkney

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Thursday 31 October 13 11:44 GMT (UK) »
Hello everyone,

I was delighted to find this thread as it filled in a few spaces on how my family is linked to the Alloa Youngers. The daughter mentioned below, Anne Younger, is my 2x great grandmother. She married Dougal Craig, an engineer in Monkwearmouth - I wonder how they met? They had two sons, John and James, before being widowed (he died in rural Wiltshire). Anne then remarried ? Robinson but I don't know whether she had any further children. Captain John Craig, Anne's son, had four children (three daughters and one son), only one of whom had a child (my father, John Forbes). John Craig's brother, James, was a sugar merchant and married a young woman called Emily Maud Gamble late in life. I don't know whether he had any children.

It would be interesting to know more about the man from Lasswade - he and I must be related but I'm not sure how. If anyone can help then I'd love to hear from them.

OK.

The Younger families used the same male Christain names across the generations.

I have some information gleamed from a copy of a letter that the Scottish Brewing Archives sent me.

Quote - "My great grandfather Robert Younger, b 1802, the father of my granny Anne Younger, was the brother of George Younger, brewer, b 1790, and uncle of James and of Robert Younger who founded St.Anns Brewery in Edinburgh."

I suspect that would be the Robert Younger you are interested in ?

The letter was written in 1996 by a gentlemen in West Lothian in response to research being carried out by Alma Topen for the SBA. I have the address etc., however I would not wish to pass it on without his permission.

Offline mmgatl

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Sunday 08 November 15 04:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone.  I'm looking for bio information, including a photo, on Captain J.P. Younger, who I believe became Sir James Younger.  He was chairman of George Younger and Sons brewery I think.  My interest comes from tracing ownership/custodianship of a Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith that a Captain J.P. Younger of Alloa, Scotland commissioned/owned in 1948.  Thank you.   

Offline storkney

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Sunday 08 November 15 12:39 GMT (UK) »
Re Captain J P Younger - his bio can be seen at http://www.thepeerage.com/p61648.htm#i616474 although there's no photograph.

Offline macalloa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday 17 February 21 13:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone.  I'm looking for bio information, including a photo, on Captain J.P. Younger, who I believe became Sir James Younger.  He was chairman of George Younger and Sons brewery I think.  My interest comes from tracing ownership/custodianship of a Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith that a Captain J.P. Younger of Alloa, Scotland commissioned/owned in 1948.  Thank you.

His son lives in St.Andrews, Fife.