Author Topic: Mobbs  (Read 20997 times)

Offline bethmw

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mobbs
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 19 September 12 09:15 BST (UK) »
hi :)

I am from the Mobbs family in the Gainsborough area...I did know further back than I currently remember but my grandfather was Ronald Frederick Mobbs who I believe was originally born in Scunthorpe- maybe 1927ish- but moved to gainsborough...I also know that I'm related to some people in Morton who still have the Mobbs name. If you want I can try find out the previous family history again but I don't know very far back

Offline Alexis Sally

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 01 August 13 15:45 BST (UK) »
Hello is are we talking about the Gray aka mobbs family as my 3 x great grandparents were James and Bethany there son eliace was my 2x great grandad he had twin brothers righteous and cornelious and a brother Moses is this the family your on about ? Xxx

Offline Alexis Sally

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 01 August 13 15:49 BST (UK) »
Sorry just to make sure about a previous comment I've just read eliace Gray as he was known married Amelia hurn / heron and his brother righteous married sage hurn heron may e this can be of help to make sure we're on about the same family xx

Offline Alexis Sally

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 01 August 13 15:51 BST (UK) »
Scrogg
Don't know if you are still interested in this thread, Righteous is my wifes Great Grandfather (grandfather was John Mobbs) and I have various parish records from Lincolnshire Archives on that side of the family. Be glad to let you have copies if you are interested
eliace married Amelia hurn /heron and righteous married her sister sage /sagely hurn / heron xx

Offline hulk360119

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 22 June 15 02:09 BST (UK) »
Scrogg
Don't know if you are still interested in this thread, Righteous is my wifes Great Grandfather (grandfather was John Mobbs) and I have various parish records from Lincolnshire Archives on that side of the family. Be glad to let you have copies if you are interested
eliace married Amelia hurn /heron and righteous married her sister sage /sagely hurn / heron xx
i have been notified by ancestry  that righteous lee is related to me also cinetta lee if you have  any parish  records i would be thank full if you could send  them on face book  my photo is with 2 female cousini am on the left of the photo

Offline Alexis Sally

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 22 June 15 17:19 BST (UK) »
Hi sorry ive later found out that I'm looking at the wrong line there was confusion my great grandfather was eliace Gray not mobbs but my great great aunt was sagey hurn / heron married to rightious mobbs I think

Offline An65

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 27 June 15 15:48 BST (UK) »
Hi sorry ive later found out that I'm looking at the wrong line there was confusion my great grandfather was eliace Gray not mobbs but my great great aunt was sagey hurn / heron married to rightious mobbs I think

The Elias Gray who married Amelia Heron was s/o Elias Gray and Sophia Smith.
Since Amelia and Sage(y) were sisters that would be how she was your aunt.

Offline Alexis Sally

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Monday 29 June 15 16:48 BST (UK) »
Becouse Amelia was my 2 x great granny and sagey was her sister so she's my 2 x great aunt

Offline Kedi01

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 19 July 15 22:11 BST (UK) »
Anyone researching this family may be interested in reading this.
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/46015/46015-h/46015-h.htm
I found it a reliable source of information. ;D