Author Topic: Brocks in Australia  (Read 8334 times)

Offline Diane Heddon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Brocks in Australia
« Reply #18 on: Monday 13 March 17 03:04 GMT (UK) »
Can anyone please help me find info on George Howard Arthur Brock born in England 1864. He married Ada Crawford and they had a daughter Ada Violet Kortright Brock.

I am completely stuck. I have been told that George and his wife died at a young age but I have no idea whether this is true or not.

Help  :'(
Hi to both people who have written on this page..I have[ numerous Brock ancestors], mostly from Devon and Wales. If you need some names and a little write up of them just reply to me.I only know of one Brock that went to USA and one who went to Australia... Thank you Diane.

Offline Moffitt77

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 09 July 17 06:00 BST (UK) »
I have a lot of information on Brocks from Norfolk, some of whom emigrated to Australia. Where did your lot come from?

meles
I am interested to know about the Brock family which is mentioned here. I have some detail about the Norfolk Brock family. Alburgh is also significant to me. My main interest is the following family:-

My great great grandfather went from Norfolk to Australia in 1857 with his wife and children. He, Leonard Lammas, was born before his mother married a man called Brock, and he was reared with the surname Brock. His legal records, however, show his birth name of Lammas/Lummis/Lammis etc. By this I mean for marriage, children's births, and shipping.

In Sandhurst ( late Bendigo) the family used the name Brock or Lammas Brock. They had emigrated to Australia and were on board the ship 'Grand Trianon' in 1857. His wife was Phoebe Punchard. Their daughter came to New Zealand, where she married George Moffitt.

Offline Diane Heddon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 12 July 17 01:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Meles, well thank you for so much information here.  I know my Brock line came from Devon to Wales. Also you may have heard of Peter Brock the racing driver [now deceaced] from Australia, well he was a cousin of my mother. My grandmother Emily Willmett well her mother was married to a man from my Brock line her maiden name was Annie probably from the Sayer family[not as yet perfectly confermed though]                   It looks like you maybe in New Zealand [such a pretty place ] I went there to work years ago now, my daughters partner os also from New Zealand. I am situated in Australia. I have many names of my Brock line but they are all from Swansea Wales area. Do you have a Tommy Brock in your tree ? He apparantley got married twice -had many children. more later on . Regards Diane.           

Offline JACK GEE

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 12 July 17 02:59 BST (UK) »
Big Brock presence in Euroa - Central Victoria with lots of tree information. I could chase up contacts if required/

cheers
Jack Gee
CECIL - DNA, GILBERT-ShirehamptonEng-Vic/Australia,HERWEG-WoltwiescheGERmany-Vic/Aust,CREIGHTON-Donegal-NI,Gosforth/CumbriaEng-Vic/Aust,MCCLURE-Cloghroe/KillynureDonegal NI,Vic/Aust,PATULLO-StMadoesPerthshire-Vic/Aust,NICHOLAS-Nth CheritonEng/Vic Aust,COX-ShirehamptonEng,FORD-MidsomerNortonEng,THOMAS-Pilton/Devon,EDWARDS-Bristol/Eng,BOND-Norfolk,NAU-Germany,SINGLETON-MuncasterEng,LADLAY-GosforthEng,JOHNSTONE-BalmerinoFife, TEMPLE-StranorlarNI,CRAIGIE,HALL,HANNAM,GINGELL,HALE,OSMAN,HARVEY,ALLEN.

Offline Diane Heddon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 12 July 17 03:53 BST (UK) »
Hello Jack, yes I would like very much to find some Brock family that may well be linked to mine. Best regards Diane.

Offline Diane Heddon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 12 July 17 03:59 BST (UK) »
My Brocks originated from Guernsey. They moved around quite a bit. Spending time in Devon, Somerset/Gloucester (mainly Bristol/Clifton/Bedminster), London and Wales.

I don't think we have any connection to Brocks in Norfolk. They were a family with connections to the military and medical fraternities. Do these places or occupations mean anything to you?

Other names connected with the family are Kortright, Aikin, Carter, Bevan/s and Pearce.

Hope this helps

Gina
Hi Gina, Wales and Devon are my Brock line mainly..We may have connections, best wishes from Diane now residing in Australia. I would luv to hear from you thanks Diane