Author Topic: Derby: Searching for Douglas Alan Moore Adams, RAF  (Read 7422 times)

Offline dragonq

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Derby: Searching for Douglas Alan Moore Adams, RAF
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 20 September 11 03:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Moocher, Good to hear from you. I have just sent a private message to you, and look forward to helping with your enquiry.

Prior (Wolverhampton), Nussey (Yorkshire and London), Kilmartin (Co. Galway and Co. Durham), Clothier (Lambeth), Collins (Manchester)

Offline 149Nut

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 23 September 11 16:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Folks,
Anyone with an Interest in 149 Sqn, its crews and Aircraft from the start of WW2,is welcome to contact me, either through http://www.stirlingpilot.org.uk or http://www.mildenhallregister.stirlingpilot.org.uk I have fairly extensive records. "Stirlingpilot" is a tribute site to my Uncle and the Mildenhall register is an association of people who had connections to 149 in any shape or form. It also embraces 15 Sqn, 90 Sqn and 622 Sqn. Membership is free and a few members are crew who flew around that time, from Methwold.

A. Fraser. 149Sqn Historian.

Offline Westernsandpiper

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 18 December 11 18:25 GMT (UK) »
I have recently started to research my Mothers half brother, who name was Douglas Alan Moore Adams.     They lived at Chobham, Surrey, before and during WW2.    I happened upon your request for information about him and his RAF career and family.    It looks as if we have a picture of your uncle with his squadron with Douglas.   Should you wish to contact me - please do so through this forum.      Western Sandpiper

Offline Westernsandpiper

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 25 December 11 07:39 GMT (UK) »
Hello Moocher - My mother was your fathers half sister - I would love to get in touch.  I have some photos of your father in his home village and in uniform. regards western sandpiper

Offline Coolbreeze

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 18 March 16 00:07 GMT (UK) »
I know this post is old. But. I was hoping someone will see it. We have a Douglas Adams listed on the War Memorial in my home town of Mildenhall, Suffolk. Was wondering if this was the same person?????