Author Topic: All Census returns please: Julius Lowenthal  (Read 8658 times)

Offline Algus

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: All Census returns please: Julius Lowenthal
« Reply #18 on: Monday 22 December 14 21:20 GMT (UK) »
Evelina, or Evelyn as I knew her only had a daughter, Joan Nathan killed in the WW 2 Blitz.
She died in 1965 in Harrogate, Yorkshire.
"Lewis", actually Louis Charles Edward, was my father. I was one of five siblings, three boys and two girls. Died in Aguilas, Spain.
Percy Randolph died a bachelor in Welwyn, Hertfordshire.
I never met my grandfather Edward and did not know he had a brother Julius, until recently.

You must be related to Julius. Have you much information on his German family?

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Mary Lardelli

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 28 December 14 08:29 GMT (UK) »
Thankyou for that information. As Edward Lowenthal was your grandfather then Sarah Ann ( Annie) as she was called, would have been your grandmother. Did you ever meet her? Know anything about her? I am not related thru Julius Lowenthal, but through Sarah Ann. She was my great Aunt,  we didn't know what happened to your grandfather Edward. I have a photo of Evelina when she was 15yrs? old. It was taken with her cousin in Manchester. I have many photos and of course not many have been written on to explain who they are. I even may have one of Edward but don't know its him.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Rudolf H B

• RootsChat Veteran
  • His gt grandchildren KIA on both sides in WW1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 15 January 15 01:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kirsten,

there is a special link from Julius Lowenthal to Rudolf Felix Goldschmidt in Manchester!!!

Best regards
Rudolf
Goldschmidt; Gregory, Maude, Nancy Price, Welby (UK),
Goldschmidt > Goldsmith, Benetta, Bloom, Gillis, McDonough, Moses, Wheaton (Australia / NZ),
Spatz & Henderson (Greater London),
Herbert Spatz MC > H. Spence MC (Salisbury),
Spatz > Spence, Nichols. Kidd (Bromley > Manchester South, India),
Spatz > Spaatz (Boyertown, PA - USA),
Engel & Joly (Philadelphia, PA - USA).
Kummerer (London, Chicago & Australia).

WW1 - Cousins Killed in Action in the Australian, English, French & German Armies

Offline Philippa Morris

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 14 January 18 02:21 GMT (UK) »
One of the Julius Lowenthals was a witness at the wedding of Charles Kroll de Laporte to Agnes Tootell; one of Agnes ancestresses was a Partington, and a Partington married a Lowenthal.