Author Topic: Mary Ann Scott & James Kelly.  (Read 8860 times)

Offline annette ellen

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Ann Scott & James Kelly.
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 11 September 08 07:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Monica,

I did not mean to repeat myself, but I was trying to find out were the Mary Ann Scott came into all this. I am going to get some certificates and hopefully they will help me sort all this out.  :-[

I hope that it is an easy process that you go through to get them.
Many thanks for all the extra information and am sorry for the trouble I may have caused.

Regards
Annette. :)
Dundee, Montrose, Perthshire, Errol,- Ireland , Birmingham, Huddersfield, England, Rotterdam, Holland.
Kettles, Kettle, Young, Archibald, Smith, Greive, Philp, Gibson, Mason, Bent, White, Cunneen, Cahill, Pratt, Frost, Bridges, Mothersole, Money, Roche/Roach, Lenehan/ Linehan/ Linahan, Leonard, Sayles, Waren/Warren, Johnson, Berigan/Bergin/Berrigan/Birgin, Janssen.
Steel, McNab, Christie, Kelly, Fraser.

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 11 September 08 08:37 BST (UK) »
Annette

No need to apologise  :) It just helps with posts if you put links to any previous information so that people don't start repeating what you already have (including me repeating what I had already done but forgotten about  :P).

We have got some new info from this current post. We have found that Mary Ann McAnulty's mother's maiden name was SCOTT which may well explain the error/confusion on young Mary Ann's marriage details.

You also have the year/place of James Kelly and Mary Ann's marriage (1863 or 4) and the begining of clues as to where they may have come from in Ireland (Co. Donegal).

So, all new additional info for you to follow up on.

Monica  :)
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline annette ellen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 11 September 08 12:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Monica,

Thank you for that exrta information.

I have a question which I hope you maybe able to help with ?
 In the 1901 census info you had sent me about the Christie family with Anthony 30, Mary 28, Mary 8, Rose 6, Kate 4 and Alice 2 which is okay, but Tom my better half has said that there was a Anthony Christie who he assumed was the first born .

He does not know now (after I showed him the census ) Anthony got married and he can not remember her name and they had two Daughters. 

The Spanish Flu cameinto Scotland  from the Soldiers back from the war  and he thinks in about 1919/1920 and thousands died from it.  :o

Both Anthony and his wife died from it and the 2 girls were raised by their Grandparents and Helen Christie (my Mother in Law ) always thought that they were her sisters. :(

Is there any way to find out when he was married and when they died at all, they were both young and he thinks that the girls may have been born in the 1920's.

If you can help that would be great.

Regards
Annette. :)
Dundee, Montrose, Perthshire, Errol,- Ireland , Birmingham, Huddersfield, England, Rotterdam, Holland.
Kettles, Kettle, Young, Archibald, Smith, Greive, Philp, Gibson, Mason, Bent, White, Cunneen, Cahill, Pratt, Frost, Bridges, Mothersole, Money, Roche/Roach, Lenehan/ Linehan/ Linahan, Leonard, Sayles, Waren/Warren, Johnson, Berigan/Bergin/Berrigan/Birgin, Janssen.

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 11 September 08 13:07 BST (UK) »
Your husband is absolutely right Annette  :)

There was a son Anthony, born to Anthony and Mary Ann. He married a Mary Connelly in Kilsyth in 1915 and died in 1919 in Kilsyth from pneumonia. Father Anthony reported.

You could do a free search on SP for births of Christies between 1915-19 to see what names come up on SP and whether your husband recognises the names.

Mmmm.  Just checked for deaths for Mary Connelly Christie and she died in Glasgow in 1917 by the look of it, age 25. So births for children 1915-17? Maybe Glasgow (the death of Mary showed in Bridgeton.

On the census for 1901, no idea why son doesn't show. There is no entry for him on SP also in 1901. There is only one in his age group and he is down as Anthony G Christie, boarding in Glasgow, father maybe Robert, hard to tell from how the entry is listed on the index.

Monica  :)

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 11 September 08 13:10 BST (UK) »
There is a birth entry coming up on SP for an Anthony Christie in 1891 in Cumbernauld where all the families show in 1891, maybe his?

Offline annette ellen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 11 September 08 21:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Monica,

Thanks for that information.
He thought that he was right as he can remember meeting all the Aunts and Uncles except Anthony. ???

After reading you answer, he has told me that Anthony's girls were always known as  Lizzie and Daisy but he was not sure of what there correct names were.

Each time I try and do a free search on SP which is Scotlands People (am I right) it never seems to let me get in. Do you have to be a registered member at all. I will keep on trying. :P

Many thanks again.
Annette.  :)

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 11 September 08 23:04 BST (UK) »
Annette

You have to register with Scotlands People (SP) which is free to do. You can then do the searches also for free, you only have to pay in units (£6GB for 30 units) if you want to view the results of a search or view an image. Using the free search option, you can narrow down the possibilities with the search filters. It can give you a good idea if a record is there - assuming you know what you are looking for!

Monica

Offline annette ellen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 15 September 08 23:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Monica,

I did finally get into and registered with SP and I found that none of the names matched up with any of mine so far. ???
 ???
I have since had a member from another Genealogy site get in touch and they are connected to us through the Christie side which is great.

So I am going to see if they can help with the names that you have given me especially the Mary Ann Kelly one.
 You were right with the Christie family born in County Leitrim and Catherine O'Brien was also born there. :)

A lot of work now with all the names to write down.
I just wanted to let you know that all the help you have given me has been very much appreciated and hopefully fix up the missing links, thank you once again.

Regards
Ammette :)

Offline morue

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 24 February 09 21:54 GMT (UK) »
I believe I am part of this Family, my brother has full details of most of the Kelly family and we are cousins to the Christies on my fathers side, some of whom are still around Renfrewshire Glasgow area.
The place name is Auchenstarry,adjacent to the Clyde & Forth canal Kilsyth.