test

Author Topic: Complete Joseph Preston and Margaret/Maggie Cunningham  (Read 885 times)

Offline mags c

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Complete Joseph Preston and Margaret/Maggie Cunningham
« on: Tuesday 09 September 08 22:48 BST (UK) »
Trying to trace information on my grandparents who lived at 30 Cowie square , Craigneuk.  Joseph was a miner.  they were married about 1900/1901, Had ten children in total (3 died in infancy) starting with Mary, Kate, John, Joe, Peggy, George and Lizzie.  Margaret died in March 1924 and is buried in Airbles Cemetary.  I think her parents could be George and Mary Cunningham who lived at 27 Cowie Square but I'm not sure on this one.  Her mothers name was definately Mary and she died in April 1936 and is also buried in Airbles.  Joe preston Snr died 02/03/60 aged 76 and is also at Airbles.

If anyone can help I would appreciate  it

MaAdams, Preston Ireland,
Preston Flannigan Cunningham Craigneuk, Motherwell
Murphy Hutchinston Glasgow
Salmon Paisley
Maher Tipperary, Ireland . Maryhill Glasgow.

Online MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad, Patrick and Desmond, Glasgow Xmas 1946
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph Preston and Margaret/Maggie Cunningham
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 13 September 08 10:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Mags

It looks like son Joseph Preston didn't marry until some point after the 1901 census. He looks to still be at home in 1901:

Michael Preston 55
Mary Preston 57
Patrick Preston 24
John Preston    20
Joseph Preston 19
Thomas Preston 16
Mary Preston    12

Address: 248 Wishaw Rd Craigneuk, Dalziel

Joseph and Margaret's marriage cert available to view on Scotlands People will let you confirm full details including Margaret's parents' names

A George and Mary Cunningham were living at 27 Cowie's Sq Wishaw Rd Craigneuk on the 1901 census, with children William, 19 and Mary 12.

Monica  :)

Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk