Author Topic: Geraghty of meath  (Read 10881 times)

Offline emjaycee

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Geraghty of meath
« Reply #9 on: Monday 14 January 13 04:18 GMT (UK) »
is that you Steve C?

Nope but Steve is my eldest brother.
I am Matt.

Is that Jeff? (apologies if my memory is wrong).
You can email me directly via my company website contact.

* email address removed

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline TheGarratys

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 20 March 13 12:57 GMT (UK) »
My name is Rebecca and I am a "Garraty" of Philadelphia. My 4xgreat grandfather James Geraghty, b. 1819 was said to be a tenant farmer from County Meath, but I'm not sure just where. I found a record in an 1833 Tithe Applotment for a James Geraghty from Towlaught, Clonalvy, Meath, as well as a Patrick Geraghty from the same townland, which could match up as far as dates go. There is also a record there of a John Flood, and James married an Anne Flood from County Meath around 1848 after immigration to Canada and then the U.S.
Does anyone have any knowledge of a connection to these Geraghtys?

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Geraghty P

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 27 August 17 20:00 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

My father's name is Francis Geraghty and his father was Peter Geraghty and his mother was Nan...

If you still use this thread let me know and I can try gain more info on the family..