Author Topic: Pollard family from Dublin City  (Read 23963 times)

Offline dlarrigan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Pollard family from Dublin City
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 03 November 09 21:44 GMT (UK) »
I am Damian Larrigan My grandfather William Larrigan was your Peter Larrigan brother who married Mary Pollard. Peter is the only man on our family tree way back then we could not trace. I had a marriage cert for him marrying  a Mary pollard no address after marriage but he lived in 6 Henretta street fathers home at time. Thanks for your family. tree I now know what happend to him. He died 3 years after his marriage to Mary pollard with no children. he was one of the oldest sons and cared for his father peter as well until his dad died then he must of got married then. he had 4 other brothers of which 3 had big families. A patrick Larrigan who had 22 children. My granddad William. A thomas. and on and on.  all these sons were born between 1882 to 1898. You mentioned Mountjoy  for Marys address which is strange. Peter Larrigans dad also Peter Larrigan married 2 times. The second lady was a Mary Jane hayden from the same address in mountjoy  from the marriage cert. also one of your peter Larrigans brothers Thomas Larrigan married a Catherine cockburn and one of there children was Leo Larrigan. When Leo Larrigan got married he married a Bernadette Pollard Lived in windyabour Dublin. Not saying this pollard is directly related to  you. IN short My Larrigan family has had two Pollards marriages one 1907sh and  1980sh and the address of Mountjoy is related to my grate grandmother who married my grate grandfather Peter Larrigan of 6 Henrietta st. 

Offline dlarrigan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 03 November 09 22:03 GMT (UK) »
I just like to add Your Peter Larrigan calmed on his marriage cert to Mary Pollard that his dad was a Patrick Larigan hotel porter of 6 Henrietta st not peter. The dad of 6 Henrietta st was Peter Larrigan Hotel Porter. Its the same man for some reason a name change as the only other Patrick in existence was his brother who had 22 children.
Patrick Larrigan brother to your Peters Larrigan went to england with his children except 2 who stayed here in ireland 6 of the 22 children were born in england creating all the English Larrigans over there today. All the irish larrigans here in dublin came from your Peter Larrigans brothers. The dad of your Peter Larrigan who married Mary pollard is also Peter and your Peter Larrigans granddad is a Joseph Larrigan believed to come from Athy kildare. We cant prove the kildare Joseph as your Peters grandad but there is a link. I am on Facebook.com and here if I get time to check this site

Offline dlarrigan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 04 November 09 01:53 GMT (UK) »
You said a Francis pollard lived in 12 Henrietta St 6 doors away from my grate granddad Peter Larrrigan in 1890 and one of my Grate grandads (peter) sons Peter  lived in 6 Henrietta st in 1890 as well. And this peter married Mary Pollard 1907sh and she related to that Francis Pollard beside them. Could it be that Mary lived or visited Francis Pollard regularly for her to get to know my related Peter Larrigan very well next door sh. My Grate granddad Peter married twice his first marriage was in 1882 then moved to Henrietta st. but his dad Joseph is a mastery as he died before peters first marriage. but there no records of Josephs death cert or any marriage cert between 1830 to 1882 anywhere. my Grate granddad(Peter)s son Peter  was born 1855.
Just hunting was there ever a Joseph Pollard born about 1820 to 1830 because the streets dorset st Montjoy st and  Domnick st are common places for the larrigans as-well and we have a Christopher Larrigan church st who had a son Patrick larrigan who visited Henrietta st family on occasion stayed there we cant prove by certs they related but they were to be visiting them.  OK Teresa best

Offline tmp48

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 04 November 09 12:49 GMT (UK) »
Damian....Sent you a personal message.  Regards..Teresa
BRADY...Dublin
CONBOY...Roscommon
CURRY....Dublin
DEVINE...Dublin
McDermott...Dublin
ROONEY...Dublin
POLLARD...Dublin
QUIGLEY...Dublin
LAWLESS...Dublin
SLADE...Dorset
DAVIS...Bristol & Somerset
PERRIS...Somerset
BOARD...Somerset

Offline tmp48

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 04 November 09 21:52 GMT (UK) »
Damien

Please contact me by my email address..Something odd here about the Larrigans and Pollards.

Francis Pollard was BORN at 12 Henrietta St, Dublin in July 1890.

If you have the marriage certificate of Peter Larrigan & Mary Pollard could you send me a copy Please.  Her father should be Joseph Pollard.  She had a brother Joseph Pollard too!

Teresa
BRADY...Dublin
CONBOY...Roscommon
CURRY....Dublin
DEVINE...Dublin
McDermott...Dublin
ROONEY...Dublin
POLLARD...Dublin
QUIGLEY...Dublin
LAWLESS...Dublin
SLADE...Dorset
DAVIS...Bristol & Somerset
PERRIS...Somerset
BOARD...Somerset

Offline Jeannie58

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 14 January 10 23:02 GMT (UK) »
I just like to add Your Peter Larrigan calmed on his marriage cert to Mary Pollard that his dad was a Patrick Larigan hotel porter of 6 Henrietta st not peter. The dad of 6 Henrietta st was Peter Larrigan Hotel Porter. Its the same man for some reason a name change as the only other Patrick in existence was his brother who had 22 children.
Patrick Larrigan brother to your Peters Larrigan went to england with his children except 2 who stayed here in ireland 6 of the 22 children were born in england creating all the English Larrigans over there today. All the irish larrigans here in dublin came from your Peter Larrigans brothers. The dad of your Peter Larrigan who married Mary pollard is also Peter and your Peter Larrigans granddad is a Joseph Larrigan believed to come from Athy kildare. We cant prove the kildare Joseph as your Peters grandad but there is a link. I am on Facebook.com and here if I get time to check this site

I have discovered my great grandmother was Margaret Larrigan who married John Hughes in Ireland.  I suspect her father was Hugh Larrigan and she was born in westmeath.  Is this line familiar to you
It took me year to find this out....can you help Jeannie
Hughes Co Kildare to England by 1871
Larrigan Co Kildare
Patrick Burke Armagh to Scotland to England to Canada

Offline Oaks and Acorns

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 14 January 10 23:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jeannie and welcome to RootsChat. If you could give some more details on Margaret and John it would help.

Do you know the approximate births for Margaret and John?
Their date of marriage?
Did you get Hugh's name from a marriage cert?

The more hints you give us the easier it will be to guide you in the right direction.

Dara.

Offline Jeannie58

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 15 January 10 00:30 GMT (UK) »
Joseph Hughes born May 25 1851 Athy co Kildare parents Margaret Larrigan father John Hughes.....birth record

Birth record Margaret Larigan May 30 1822 Killucan co Westmeath
Father Hugh Larigan Mother Eleanor Parkeson
sponsors Michael Larigan Mary Connely

Joseph is my great grandfather.  Have been searching for years. Knew mother's maiden name from Joseph marriage record in Canada, but spelling was not clear.  Larrigan is not a common name, anywhere.  So Margaret's birth record is the only one I've come across.  Family was Roman Catholic. 

I hope this helps...Jeannie
Hughes Co Kildare to England by 1871
Larrigan Co Kildare
Patrick Burke Armagh to Scotland to England to Canada

Offline Oaks and Acorns

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 15 January 10 04:35 GMT (UK) »
Interesting.

I'm guessing that you found your information for Margaret from the I**F site.

Can I ask you how you made a connection from Joseph b. 1851 in Kildare to Margaret b. 1822 in Westmeath? If it was from the only 3 options offered by http://ifhf.brsgenealogy.com/ I would recommend that you look at the map of counties covered by this site. There are four counties, closer to KIldare than Westmeath, that are missing from their records.

Apologies if I sound negative but I would hate to steer you down the wrong road.

Dara.