Author Topic: WEBB/WINDSOR  (Read 11272 times)

Offline fionajka

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: WEBB/WINDSOR
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 14 February 09 00:41 GMT (UK) »
Hiya,

Will look into this when I have some time tomorrow

Fiona

Offline markwebb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 02 May 09 16:56 BST (UK) »
hi fiona. i have the webb family history all the way back to 1694. i am alfred's g.g.grandson mark. if you want me to email it to you, please get in touch via emaik
Moderator Comment: Sorry to do this on your first post!  Email address removed to prevent spam and other abuses. Please use secure PM (personal message) system to share email addresses and other personal information. New members need 3 posts to use the pm facility.  Welcome to rootschat.

Offline fionajka

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 03 May 09 07:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Mark,

I sent you a personal message but forgot to put my email address.... reply to this email a couple of times and that will put you over the magic 3 that allows you send personal messages (that's done through little computer icon under the persons name on the left hand column.

I did a quick look - I now know where you fit. Which of Alfred's and Jemima's children do you descend from?

Offline fionajka

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 04 May 09 10:07 BST (UK) »
PM could not be sent to 'markwebb' due to the max. PM limit.

I keep getting the above message when I try a Personal message - not sure what is wrong

Offline Tati

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Ephraim's daughter to infinity & beyond
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 04 May 09 10:10 BST (UK) »
Mark has to make 1 or 2 more posts on the boards to be able to receive and send personal messages  :) 
 "My dear, I think the English pronounce it 'appiness"  

I'm afraid of no ghost

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline fionajka

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 04 May 09 10:20 BST (UK) »
Thanks Tati...I thought that may have been the issue

Offline markwebb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 05 May 09 09:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Fiona.
Thanks for your message. Please bear with me, I'm new to this and am not too sure what I'm doing yet.....ha ha.

I descend from Alfred and Jemima's offspring - namely Fredrick George Webb b. abt 1868. However, in 1902 FGW and his wife Rhoda Neads had a son named Reginald Thomas Webb who married Gladys Gertrude Williams in abt 1930. RTW is my Grandfather, RT and GG initially had twins, a boy (my father) and an unknown female (stillborn). My father was born in 1940. His name is John Frederick James Webb. Hope this is clear so far. I was born in 1968 and have a brother born in 1969 named Adrian.

Offline fionajka

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 05 May 09 10:14 BST (UK) »
Hiya Mark,

Don't worry, it will get easier - just make one more post and then we can personal massage with details.

Your Frederick George Webb had an older brother - John which is my husbands GG grandfather so I'm thinking you are of the same generation as his mother Candace Webb. Do you have much on the descendants of Alfred and Jemima? I have quite a bit now from the great generosity of  various sources.

Daryl Webb is also here in Canberra but I can't for the life of work out where he fits in yet - I've let the trail go cold over the past few months, so I'm waiting for him to fill me in again. (PS we are only in Canberra for work - no other historical connection to it...all the Webbs were based in Queensland (that I know of anyway) after immigrating from England.

Fiona

Offline markwebb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 05 May 09 10:31 BST (UK) »
As I said, bear with me if I take months to reply, am still trying to find my way round.