Author Topic: WEBB/WINDSOR  (Read 11259 times)

Offline fionajka

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: WEBB/WINDSOR
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 05 May 09 10:35 BST (UK) »
You'll be fine.  ;)

Offline blu110

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 05 May 09 13:50 BST (UK) »
Mark and Fiona will send a PM to you both with my contact details.

In OZ I'm a small part of the SA Branch, I have very few details of even close relatives.  There is some sort of feud, over land I believe, that dates way back.  In and and around Halbury SA there are a number of webb families.  Some live on the north side of the road and other live on the south side.  They havent talked for years.  I only found out about  this via a friend of mine (m not related)

Apparently when asked about my family (knowing the location of the family farm) he was told  "OH them, were not related anymore, we dont even talk about them"

The SA Branch Comprises at least:
John Webb 1829-1894 (Emmigrated 1855 on the THOMAS ARBUTHNOT)

John  is my G-Grandfather  and was Alfreds Older Brother

The family farm i mention was purchased by John in 1878, and remains in the family though only through a messy will that gives a life interest to one of my aunts...

Two more of Alfreds brothers also emmigrated, I believe both on the Hesperides in 1876 .  ( there are some issues with the ship and date but hopefully they can be resolved....)

Silas 1836-1891  no further details

Walter 1849-1939  married kitty windsor  (jemima's sister), she is buried in Balaklava SA.  They had at least 2 children, but i have no other details as yet

hope his helps place me

cheers

daryl

Webb, Miles, Bargwanna, Harris, Lindner, Abraham, Bottrell, Boundy, Forsyth, Penman, Hunter,  Pryde, Stenhouse, Gillard

Offline mwpstansbury

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 01 October 16 15:52 BST (UK) »
I'm a bit late joining this conversation as I'm just getting back into my family histories after several years away. My name is Michael Stansbury and my grandmother was Ellen Florence Webb, born 1884. She married Michael Roughan, from County Clare, and they had two children, Cheridah Roughan (my mother) and her brother Alfred Roughan. My information is rather patchy as it was compiled about 12 years ago and there was very little available via the internet in those days.
Stansbury (Herefordshire), Furber (Brecon), Webb (Somerset), Roughan (Ennis, Ireland)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 01 October 16 16:02 BST (UK) »
Hi and welcome to Rootschat...Unfortunately Fiona hasn't been on RootsChat since May last year...if her email notifications are still active you may get a response, In the meantime...stick around and enjoy searching the many boards here.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline mwpstansbury

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 01 October 16 17:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Carol, Thank you for the welcome. I'm sure I'm going to enjoy myself here!

Mike
Stansbury (Herefordshire), Furber (Brecon), Webb (Somerset), Roughan (Ennis, Ireland)

Offline fionajka

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 06 October 16 01:12 BST (UK) »
I'm here finally  ;D
Fiona