Author Topic: Croudace Family Monmouthshire  (Read 28403 times)

Offline Smileyriley

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Croudace Family Monmouthshire
« Reply #36 on: Thursday 19 September 13 15:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Croudaces,
I am sorry that I haven't replied any sooner. I had in fact read your message and even remember tying a reply. I obviously didn't post it!!
I am a descendant of Harold & Agnes and live not too far away from Monmouth. I know my fathers family in Monmouth but as far as anyone else is concerned only know about whoever Dad remembers every now & then. Dad is very interested in the family tree and would love to know much more.

Offline Graham T

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Thursday 13 November 14 19:14 GMT (UK) »
Dear all

This is my first post here, so please excuse me if I'm not fully up to speed with the forum protocols. I am the grandson of the late Marie Townsend, formerly Croudace, the sister of Mark and Glynn I believe. I'd love to be able to fill in some gaps in my family tree, so that I can pass on the information to my young daughters.

If anyone is able to help me out, please reply, and then I'll post a more detailed message of what the gaps are that I'm trying to fill in - thanks.

best wishes

Graham Townsend

Offline Graham T

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 25 November 14 23:12 GMT (UK) »
Well it seems as if I'm related to Clare, blucanary, Croudaces and Smileyriley! If any of you come back to this old thread then I'd love to hear from you - thanks!

Graham T

Offline blucanary

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Monday 18 April 16 22:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Graham

Sorry to be so slow, only come back to the family tree once in a while (imagine you may not see this for a while as well) but yes we are related, your grandmother and grandfather would have been my great aunt and uncle and my father remembers them fondly!

Do drop me a private message and I can share what info I have on the family tree.
All the very best

Offline Garethboxing

• --
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • Grampy Wyndham Jones (Wales v Ireland 1905)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Friday 22 April 16 17:06 BST (UK) »
Funny I should come across this thread, having this week visited Monmouth for the first time in 40-odd years. I was taught by Miss Phyllis Croudace at Priory Street in 1954-55; she was indeed an excellent teacher. She lived a few doors away from the Rolls Hall, at 14 St James Square, but I am not aware of her ever being married. She was born in 1906 and died in 1968. Hope this helps someone.
    Regards,
     Gareth
Scott, Dowdeswell (Merthyr Tydfil), Jones (Loughor and Merthyr Vale), Roberts (Nelson), Prichard (Collenna and Cefn Fforest); Evan Roberts (Corwen and Amlwch); Scott (Pentre); Scott (Ancrum); Thomas (Pantywaun and Bedlinog); Morgan Jones (Ystradfellte); Bowen (Loughor); Jenkins (Bridgend); Thomas Dowdeswell (b. Gloucester, 1829).

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Dee Cohen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday 13 June 17 12:00 BST (UK) »
Dear all

This is my first post here, so please excuse me if I'm not fully up to speed with the forum protocols. I am the grandson of the late Marie Townsend, formerly Croudace, the sister of Mark and Glynn I believe. I'd love to be able to fill in some gaps in my family tree, so that I can pass on the information to my young daughters.

If anyone is able to help me out, please reply, and then I'll post a more detailed message of what the gaps are that I'm trying to fill in - thanks.

best wishes

Graham Townsend

Hi Graham

I am trying to get hold of the person who handles Glynn Croudace's estate. I work for a publishing house and we would like to request permission to reproduce his work in an upcoming publication.

Any assistance with this matter would be much appreciated!

Best,
Dee

Offline blucanary

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday 14 June 17 23:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Dee

I have a contact email for Glynn's daughter. If you could private message a contact email, I will drop her a line for you (I can't give out her private email address for obvious reasons).

Thanks
Matt

Offline Dee Cohen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Thursday 15 June 17 04:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Dee

I have a contact email for Glynn's daughter. If you could private message a contact email, I will drop her a line for you (I can't give out her private email address for obvious reasons).

Thanks
Matt

Hi Matt

What a stroke of luck!

I don't seem to be able to send private messages. I've just joined to find a contact for the Glynn's estate and I may not have the right sort of account. My work email address is cohend@macmillan.co.za.

I would be very grateful if you would kindly pass on my details to Glynn's daughter.

Thank you very much
Dee

Offline Smileyriley

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday 13 November 19 22:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I know years have gone by, but I just wondered if anyone from the Monmouth Croudace families were still doing any research?