Author Topic: Croudace Family Monmouthshire  (Read 28428 times)

Offline Croudaces

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Croudace Family Monmouthshire
« on: Monday 15 September 08 02:21 BST (UK) »
I am researching the Croudace / Crowdace family in Monmouthshire. I would be happy to share any information. I have extensive records.

Offline blucanary

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Croudace Family Monmouthshire
« Reply #1 on: Monday 29 December 08 23:09 GMT (UK) »
I'd be very interested in anything you've found out about the Croudaces of Monmouth - My grandmother was Laura May Croudace and her mother was Gertrude Croudace married to William Croudace.

I have hit a bit of a dead end with William Croudace so if you happen to have anything it would be very interesting!

Many thanks

Offline Croudaces

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 31 December 08 16:28 GMT (UK) »
I'd be very interested in anything you've found out about the Croudaces of Monmouth - My grandmother was Laura May Croudace and her mother was Gertrude Croudace married to William Croudace.

I have hit a bit of a dead end with William Croudace so if you happen to have anything it would be very interesting!

Many thanks

Hi

We are distant relatives.

I believe I have records of all the Croudaces in Monmouth.
I did have Laura May in my tree but couldn't link her as I only had her birth record.
I only have one William that would be a match. He was born in 1884 to William F Croudace ( 1860 - 1928 ), his mother was an Emily Jones. William had one other full sibling, and their mother died very young at 23. William F remarried and went on to have several other children with his wife Alice.
William Fs father was John W Croudace ( 1837 - 1925 ) and his mother was Emma. John W's father was John Croudace who was married to Mary Ann Morgan.

I'd love to hear from you off the board, you are the first member of the family I have come across.

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 31 December 08 16:33 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat, Blucanary  :)

Glad to hear you have found a link with a fellow Rootschatter!

You will probably need to post a few more times before you can use the Personal Message system to exchange email addresses or other info with Croudaces.

Kind regards, Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline blucanary

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 31 December 08 18:23 GMT (UK) »
Brilliant - thank you - great to hear someone has found something:

If this ties in then you should have five children from William Croudace and Gertrude Athow:
Laura May Croudace (b.1907), Margaret(?), Glynn, Lena and Mark. All have passed away now.

I believe (if I've got this right) William died somewhere in the 1930s/40 - fairly young and Gertrude remarried but with no further children. The family all lived on the Kymin, my grandmother used to talk of three different branches of the family all based in monmouth.

Where does your piece of the family sit? I think the Monmouth Croudaces are a complicated bunch!

All the best

Offline Croudaces

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 31 December 08 18:33 GMT (UK) »
John Croudace and Mary Ann Morgan started the Monmouth Croudaces.

They had three sons:
John W, Charles Henry and Thomas James.

I am descended from Charles Henrys son, George Edward, who was my grandfathers father.

They are a complicated bunch, mainly thanks to the absolutely bonkers transcriptions of the names on the census.

Thanks for the information.

Offline blucanary

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 31 December 08 18:39 GMT (UK) »
That's fascinating! Where did they come from? (if you don't mind me being nosey!)

Does that help fit Laura May Croudace in? All my line have now moved from Monmouth or sadly passed away (their home on the Kymin has been knocked down by now I think)

Would definitely be great to carry on this and see if it all fits together! The three different lines seem to make sense of what my grandmother used to say (three branches in three different parts of monmouth)

Happy New Year distant relative
All the very best
Matt

Offline Croudaces

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 31 December 08 18:55 GMT (UK) »
Post edited to remove personal information.

Offline blucanary

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 31 December 08 19:03 GMT (UK) »
*Edited*

Be very interested to find out more about the Croudace clan - I'm sure my father would know your side of the family.