Author Topic: Thomas Moran  (Read 11246 times)

Offline Cog

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Moran
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 25 November 09 19:00 GMT (UK) »
Hello Mayday

Have some more information for you on your Morans.

Patrick Moran was known as "Cossack" and worked for Scattery Battery Coast Brigade He married Margaret Hanrahan.  They were both natives of Scattery Island, off the mainland of Kilrush, County Clare. Witness at their wedding were Michael Melican and Tom Moran. They are both buried on Scattery Island the grave number is 38, I may have a photograph in my files, I will take a look for you.

Their children were Catherine 1878, Ellen 1879, James 1868, John 1885, Margaret 1881, Patrick 1874, Stephen 1883 Thomas 1872 and WILLIAM 23/2/1876. As you know William was in the Royal Navy and drowned.  He was a water balliff also he joined RFR Chatham in 8/9/07 and re-enrolled in the RN on 4/12/11.  He married Johanna Scanlan (annie) who was a dressmaker. After William died she moved to the mainland of kilrush to Cappa.  They are both buried on Scattery Island in grave no 42.  Annie died on 23/12/1954.  William and Annies children were Agnes 1907, when her mother died Agnes moved to Moore St Kilrush. Patrick Moran 1909, Sinney Moran 1912 died 21/08/1944 a Seaman he was lost when HMS Orchis was mined int he English Channe. Thomas MOran 1911 died 1988 he was a soldier who died in England c. 1998. William MOran 1910 he was a Seaman who died in England post WW2.

The final resting place your William MOran 1876 as I said is Scttery Island, plot no 42, his headstone doesnt read William  but Sinon MOran, which was a name given to a lot of t of the inhabitants of scattery.

Hope this of of some use to you  :)

Carol
O'GRADY - DUBLIN,TIPPERARY,& ENGLAND
DOOLEY - TIPPERARY, CO LAOIS
KAVANAGH - DUBLIN
HARRIS- CLARE, CORK, & ENGLAND
BLANEY, DOYLE FURLONG -  WEXFORD
FURLONG-WEXFORD
MELICAN- CLARE

OTHER NAME INTERESTS - MORAN ,CORBETT, LILLIS, MCGERRY, MCNAMARA, MCGRANE, BRENNAN.....All County Clare & Scattery Island

Offline Cog

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 25 November 09 19:33 GMT (UK) »
Hello Mayday

sorry my last mail was a bit hit and miss, for some reason when I get to bottom of the page it wont let me see what I am typing and keeps jumping up and down haha!  Anyway towards the end it got a bit messy.  The Thomas Moran I mention in England died in 1998 and not 1988 as I had typed.

Carol
KAVANAGH - DUBLIN
FURLONG-WEXFORD
MELICAN- CLARE

OTHER NAME INTERESTS - MORAN ,CORBETT, LILLIS, MCGERRY, MCNAMARA, MCGRANE, BRENNAN.....All County Clare & Scattery Island

Offline Cog

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 02 December 09 10:17 GMT (UK) »
Hello Mayday

was wondering if the information I sent you last week was of any use to you ?

Carol
KAVANAGH - DUBLIN
FURLONG-WEXFORD
MELICAN- CLARE

Offline Cog

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 04 May 10 19:08 BST (UK) »
Would be interested to know if any of the information I sent you was of any use at all ??

Carol
KAVANAGH - DUBLIN
FURLONG-WEXFORD
MELICAN- CLARE

Offline enfield

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 05 May 10 07:03 BST (UK) »
I often come across this situation. You go out of your way to help someone and two words "thank you" make such a difference. So I find myself helping less and less now. Manners are a sign of good breeding.
 Well I appreciate your efforts and willingness to help, good on ya!.
 Regards.
 Tom.

Offline Cog

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 06 May 10 11:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Tom

Thank you Tom, you so reminded me of Christopher with your words.  Think its sad though really, I dont know.... I must be a strange type,  I can  get  so excited for other people when passing on information, actually thinking that it could be a breakthrough that they are waiting for, not to hear if it is or not makes me think people are not as enthusiatic as myself. Thanks its nice to be appreciated  ;)

Carol
KAVANAGH - DUBLIN
FURLONG-WEXFORD
MELICAN- CLARE

Offline BensGran

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 06 February 16 17:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Does anyone have a Thomas Moran in their tree from County Clare? This is where am fairly sure a family member came from. He had a son a James Moran amongst others.
Do you have a Moran family in your tree from this area?

Hope to hear from anyone out there.

Mayday :-\

Are you still looking for Thomas Christopher Moran?   I might be able to help. 

Barbara Cooper née Moran