Author Topic: Bury Family, Worcester  (Read 5980 times)

Offline john east

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bury Family, Worcester
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 28 October 08 10:29 GMT (UK) »
Thaks again Amaris. Give me a couple of days to do some spade work and then I'll get back to you with what I've uncovered.

I'm afraid, being an East (and maybe a male chauvinist pig) I've concentrated on the East line. It's time I did more digging on the Bury side, particularly as I'm well aware that the female line is just as genetically significant as the male.

When I started this search about 3 weeks ago my sole objective was to uncover the circumstances of Vera Bury's husband Frank East's death following a request from my nephew. The whole thing has rather snowballed, and I've managed to trace the full line of East's going back to the year 1500 which is much more than I ever expected.

I'll have a good shot at the Bury's now.

Offline Biffothebear

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 15 December 17 16:58 GMT (UK) »
Hello Amaris,
             Been a while since I was posting here---you may have seen my posts regarding a John Bury, b abt 1789.  Over Areley Worc.   I've just been refreshing--saw your post regarding Martley connection.
  My John Bury had a son William--b 1817 Knighton on Teme.  Mother was Ann, formerly Price.
  William married Hannah Lane--born 1805.  William and Hannah both died 1884 at Martley--any connection to your interests?
   Can let you have  a copy of my Bury/Berry lot if you would like.
  regards  Robert---would need your email--- (*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Grandfather, Frank William Gomm
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 16 December 17 11:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi amaris

I cant make any promises as I have a very big look up to do but as Im going to spend several weeks 12 miles outside Worcester over Christmas & hope to get into the HIVE (record office) about 6 times during my stay - if I can find the time I'll se what I can find for the BURY family at Tenbury.

All the very best

Phil
Somerset
Worcestershire - Heeks, Maiden, Pinchin, Hartland, Tredwell, Holliday, Morton, Collins, Aldington, Saunders
Oxfordshire - Gomm, Hamblet, Austin, Winter,
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell
Gloucestershire - Holliday, Pinchin

Offline Biffothebear

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 16 December 17 16:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi Phil,   I think you might be referring to my Bury family at Tenbury.   I can send you a Tree copy if you wish--my email in above post 
             Robert

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 21 December 17 11:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi Robert

I made time to have a look at the Tenbury Wells parish registers for you but had to give up on the film that Edward BURYs baptism should have been on as its hard to read & there appears to be what looks like a fair bit of water damage on it - however I did make a few other finds that may help you.
Firstly I looked at the Marriage index books in the HIVE at Worcester & found this entry Worcester St John by LIC 15APR1822
Edward BURY of Stanford WOR = Frances Lightband POWELL
so I looked at the parish registers for St John Worcester & was able to find the full entry
Page 61 No 182 15APR1822 by LIC
Edward BURY (B) of Stanford in the county of Worcester(SHIRE) = Frances Lightband POWELL (S) OTP
Wits - Joseph POWELL & Susanna Harris.

I forgot to say that I could find no entries for the children at Tenbury Wells.

I went on to see what I could find in the registers for Stanford on Teme & found the following that may help you at some stage.

18MAY1777 Edward BURY BUR'd
27JUN1791 Benjamin BURY BAP'd
12SEP1793 Joseph BURY BUR'd
8MAR1799 Sarah d/o Edward & Sarah BURY BAP'd
22MAY1795 Mary BURY Widow BUR'd
12APR1794 Thomas BURY BUR'd
I was not very happy with these records as only one of them gives you any idea of who the parents were & I could find no BAP for Edward even though I looked 3 times for him on this film so I hope that you have enough info to show who the parents should be as this could contain his siblings & parents but Id not swear to it without more info.

Sorry that's the best that I could do for you

All the very best

Phil
Worcestershire - Heeks, Maiden, Pinchin, Hartland, Tredwell, Holliday, Morton, Collins, Aldington, Saunders
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell

Offline Biffothebear

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 02 January 18 21:57 GMT (UK) »
John  East---I cannot believe your claim to have got back to 1500 with your "East" family.   That would take a tremendous slice of good fortune---plus--going so far back could really only be achieved if a family was of high rank / standing---Royalty almost. Church records began in England 1538---- Records for important families / Royalty were a matter for those families and their own family archives. 
    Can you Cite ALL sources for your claim?  I seriously doubt it.   

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 26 July 18 11:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Amaris

Some time ago I decided to have a look for the Bury line when I was next in the county of my birth
I was at the HIVE (where the parish registers for WOR are deposited) yesterday  & had a good look at 3 of the films of the registers for Tenbury Wells but could find no sign of any of your Bury line on it even though I searched well before - well after any date you gave so can only gather that the baptisms may have taken place in one of the contiguous parishes to Tenbury.

Sorry not to have found anything as I hate letting people down but I don't have the time to search all the parishes joining Tenbury or in the case of the 2 burials the whole district

All the very best

Phil
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell