Author Topic: Matthew Haynes - Stafford to Australia  (Read 10519 times)

Offline samann

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Matthew Haynes - Stafford to Australia
« Reply #18 on: Friday 21 October 11 10:35 BST (UK) »
Hi

I noticed your request for information on Mathew Haynes born 1900.  These messages are somewhat old but if you have not already found the record of his death, Ancestry has him born 23 July 1900 and his death Stafford District  Oct Qtr 1980.

The Mathew Haynes I am researching was born about 1856 in Sheldon Staffordshire and in the 1881 census is with a wife Mary Ann and year old son.  My grandfather's half sister was Mary Ann Lindop and I think this is her.

Would you know if your great great grandfather married twice as I am having trouble finding the family in 1891.

Offline rach27

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 21 October 11 11:22 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the info  :)

My great great Grandfather married Lucy Beckett (nee Handley) in the 1890's if I remember right and 1856, Sheldon is ringing some bells.

I haven't looked at the family stuff for a while but I'll have a look over the weekend to see what information I have which could help.
Staffordshire: Arnott, Haynes, Withington, Griggs
Berwickshire: Hogg
Kinross-shire: Young, Barrie
Western Australia: Matthew Haynes (b.1900, Stafford)

Offline Jessies Mum

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 13 September 14 04:46 BST (UK) »
I know these postings are quite some years ago, but rach27 and samann, if these Matthew Haynes happen to relate back to Matthew Haynes, born Gnosall in 1776 who married Mary Ball, would you please contact me?  Thanking you.

Offline Phil Bradshaw

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 13 February 17 21:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

This post applies to the initial post for Matt Haynes, I know the thread hasn't been updated
for a while.

Matt Haynes of Stafford/Fremantle lived with my Grandma in Marston Road in his later years,
he knew her before WW2 and they eventually met again some time in the late 1960's I believe.
Matt was a grand chap, he passed away around 1980 as has been suggested, after being ill
for some time.

Wish I'd found the thread earlier, get in touch if you want to know more - or live in Stafford.

Best regards - Phil
Bradshaw, Palmer, Siddals, Walker, Cartwright , Dyche, Perry, Emery , Greatrex, Hollinshead