Author Topic: Bugg family from Stourton Caundle  (Read 8388 times)

Offline JHMe

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bugg family from Stourton Caundle
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 17 May 18 10:39 BST (UK) »
I am a descendant of Caroline Lacey's brother George, through his son Charles who emigrated in 1850 from Henstridge, Somerset to South Australia then Bendigo, Victoria.
In 1849 Anthony and Caroline occupied part of Marsh Farm in parish of Henstridge. [Sherborne Mercury 19 May 1849] also 1851 and 1861.

I am trying to put together a history of the Bugg family that lived in Dorset in the 19th Century.  Anthony Bugg , born in the late 1700's married a Caroline and at some point lived as a farmer in Marnhull.  His son and grandson, both called Anthony though his grandson was known as Anthony Samuel became farmers and lived in Marnhull and Stock Gaylard.  Most of the family stayed in the area though Anthony Samuel's sons went to London and one of them finally settled in Sussex.  Anyone knowing about this family or the area from which they originate please get in touch.  Particularly if you know who was farming in the areas of Stourton Caundle, Stock Gaylard and Lydlinch during this time.  Anthony, born in the 1700's was my great, great, great grandfather.