Author Topic: Puffett/Puffitt  (Read 26559 times)

Offline Auntie Wyn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Puffett/Puffitt
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 22 March 12 14:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lizzy

We share the same ancestor John Puffett and Mary nee Smart of Filkins via your Henry's brother Daniel.
I have got 12 children for John & Mary nee Smart and 8 children for Henry & Sabina nee Cook.

Puffet   Robert       10 May 1769 Sts. Peter & Paul   Broadwell   John & Mary        
Puffet   William       02 Apr.1771    Sts. Peter & Paul   Broadwell   John & Mary    
Puffet   John               13 Oct.1772    Sts. Peter & Paul   Broadwell   John & Mary    
Puffet   Thos.       26 Jan.1775    Sts. Peter & Paul   Broadwell   John & Mary    
Puffet   Susannah       25 May 1777 Sts. Peter & Paul   Broadwell   John & Mary    
Puffet   Henry       13 Feb.1780    Sts. Peter & Paul   Broadwell   John & Mary     
Puffitt   James       20 Oct.1782    Sts. Peter & Paul   Broadwell   John & Mary     
Puffett   Jacob       10 Oct.1784    Sts. Peter & Paul   Broadwell   John & Mary        
Puffet   Ann         13 Feb.1786    Sts. Peter & Paul   Broadwell   John & Mary        
Puffet   Susan       07 Oct.1787    Sts. Peter & Paul   Broadwell   John & Mary        
Puffet   Christabella 22 Aug.1790    Sts. Peter & Paul   Broadwell   John & Mary       
Puffet   Daniel       05 Nov.1792    Sts. Peter & Paul   Broadwell   John & Mary of Filkins

Puffet   Thomas   03 Nov.1805   Sts. Peter & Paul   Broadwell   Henry & Sabina
Puffet   Jane           04 Jan.1807   Sts. Peter & Paul   Broadwell   Henry & Sabina        
Puffett   John           14 May 1809   Sts. Peter & Paul   Broadwell   Henry & Sabina  of Filkins
Puffet   Daniel   05 Jul.1812   Sts. Peter & Paul   Broadwell   Henry & Sabina        
Puffet   Mercy    26 Jun.1814   Sts. Peter & Paul   Broadwell   Henry & Sabina  Labourer of Filkins   
Puffet   Susannah   26 Jun.1814   Sts. Peter & Paul   Broadwell   Henry & Sabina  Labourer of Filkins
Puffet   James   14 Sep.1817   Sts. Peter & Paul   Broadwell   Henry & Sabina  Labourer of Filkins
Puffet   Thomas   10 May 1818   Sts. Peter & Paul   Broadwell   Henry & Sabina  Labourer of Filkins

I have accumulated a lot of info on this family so anything you need to know just yell. 
Harness, Puffett, Lock(e), Abbey, Hercliffe, Ward, Alinson, Underhay

Offline Puffett3

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 03 May 12 15:14 BST (UK) »
Hi. My husbands dad was Albert Edward Puffett born 1910. Obviously related to yourself somehow.  Don't know anything much about the family. My husband was from Alberts second marriage.

Offline Puffett3

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 03 May 12 19:42 BST (UK) »
[Hi Gary,  My dads father is Albert Edward Puffett (1910) who is the son of William Puffett and Maria Gardner.  Who was your father, was it William (1901) Sidney (1904), James 1909), or Victor Alexander (Alberts Twin 1910).  I have just started researching and would love to hear what you know because you may be my 2nd cousins.
This is my father so I must be related to you.

Offline Puffett3

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 03 May 12 19:44 BST (UK) »
hi just found your message but as you will see i have a different user name now as i forgot my password , william and maria was my great grandparents. my grandfather was sidney my father is reg and i am as you know garry and about to turn 51. i have gone back to the 1700s so far tracing the family tree and as you will or have found by now it all started in filkins. my dad is still going strong and living in swindon i am a bit further up now living in shetland. maria puffett is buried in whitworth road cemetry but there is no marker so i could never find the exact spot. hope you get this message soon garry
Sidney was my uncle and William and Maria my grandparents. We must be related.

Offline Lizzie Guy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 03 May 12 22:34 BST (UK) »
I am delighted to find there is still some Puffett blood around.  I grew up being told that the Puffett line was dying out.  There were no surviving boys in my mother's generation and I have never met a Puffett.  I haven't spent much time recently on my ancestry but I hope to find some photos and put on this site.   Thank you Auntie Wyn.

Offline Cherie80

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 04 May 12 09:11 BST (UK) »
Hi that is interesting my father knows little about his dad Albert Edward Puffett.  He thought that maybe he had gone overseas for he left hi wife.  Is your husband  in england?  Also did you know that Albert was a twin.  Albert had 6 kids with his first wife Gladys.  There are only two left alive, my father Chris and his sister Thelma. Do you have any photos of Albert?  No one has any from my end. Look forward to hearing from you

Offline Cherie80

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 04 May 12 09:16 BST (UK) »
Hi that is interesting my father knows little about his dad Albert Edward Puffett.  He thought that maybe he had gone overseas for he left hi wife.  Is your husband  in england?  Also did you know that Albert was a twin.  Albert had 6 kids with his first wife Gladys.  There are only two left alive, my father Chris and his sister Thelma. Do you have any photos of Albert?  No one has any from my end. Look forward to hearing from you  :)

Offline shetlandnow

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 04 May 12 16:30 BST (UK) »
hi puffett3
my grandad was sidney puffett
my dad is reginald puffett and still lives in swindon.
i will try and get him to join roots as he remembers lots about the puffett family and i am sure he will know of you. two years ago we went to the cematery were maria was buried but there was no head stone so we just said hello and left.

lizzieguy
 just to let you know the puffett family name is still going strong as i have a son and also a great grandson
my brother also has a son

Offline Puffett3

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 04 May 12 17:05 BST (UK) »
So that makes your dad my cousin. I am from Albert's second marriage. Cherie80's dad is also Albert's son but from his first marriage. I would be interested to hear what you dad remembers about the family history.