Author Topic: WILLIAM WILLIAMS and his family of reputed Thieves!  (Read 3177 times)

Offline Kiwigal

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working.
  • RootsChat Member
  • T'is a long and winding road I travel
    • View Profile
WILLIAM WILLIAMS and his family of reputed Thieves!
« on: Tuesday 13 April 04 21:19 BST (UK) »
MARY LLOYD nee WILLIAMS was convicted of  'Housebreaking'on the 28th August 1821 at the Salop Assizes,  given a Life sentence, and promptly transported on the'Mary Ann' to Van Deimen's Land (Tasmania).

Her convict report records her as"A very bad character, her father's family are reputed thieves" :o And she didn't behave herself out there either, seems she was picked up many times for wandering the streets at night! And without her husband's permission, shame on her, such a wonton woman!

May Ann Williams was baptised in Worthen on the 13th Oct 1800, parents William Williams and his wife Margaret, they had 5 other chidren that I know of, Martha 1797, John 1791, Margaret 1794, and William 1792 all baptised in Worthen. There was also a cousin of Mary's in VDL a James Williams.

Mary married  a Mr Lloyd, probably sometime between 1816- 1820, but was a widow by the time she was trasported, or was she? ::) She married again in VDL to Thomas SPICE, another convict!

Any connections with this family? I have so many convicts in my main lines now , no wonder my bones rattle in the cold, must be chains left on from the old ones!

"William Williams" seems to be quite a regular name in the IGI, maybe a name passed on down thru the family?

DURRANT,CORNWELL,HAFFENDEN-SUSSEX
HONEYBUN,HANN,BARTLETT,WHITE-DORSET
PETTERD,FORRESTOR-LONDON
SPICE-GOUDHURST,KENT

Offline vicgene

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: WILLIAM WILLIAMS and his family of reputed Thieves!
« Reply #1 on: Friday 16 July 04 03:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Kiwigirl

With regard to your April posting, I think we could be related via Mary Lloyd and Thomas Spice both convicts who were sent to Van Dieman's Land way back in the early 1800s.

Would like to hear from you.

Vicgene

maidmarian

Re: WILLIAM WILLIAMS and his family of reputed Thieves!
« Reply #2 on: Monday 11 October 04 12:20 BST (UK) »
JOHN LLOYD Pedigree

Birth:     
Christening:     
Marriage:  17 DEC 1822  Old Church, Saint Pancras, London, England
Death:     
Burial:     

~~~~~~~~

Wife
 MARY WILLIAMS Pedigree

Birth:     
Christening: