Author Topic: INGHAM - Family bible without a home - BULCOCK and INGHAM  (Read 28778 times)

Offline jillarmitage

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: INGHAM - Family bible without a home - BULCOCK and INGHAM
« Reply #18 on: Monday 09 April 12 15:53 BST (UK) »
Hi ,

I am aware you have lots of interest in your bible cover, I have just seen your post. I have traced my family back to John & Alice Bulcock in Colne Lancashire (although their abode is given as Acronley - a few miles from Colne). They had a number of children but I have only found the ealier  ones including Nancy Bulcock 1777, who my ggggg? grandmother). They also had a Bernard (twin of Namcy) and a John (1780- who may have died). I have tried to search all lancashire records to find another John Bulcock marrying an Alice around this time. But haven't had any luck. Do you think your John and Alice are mine?
(If you are on ancestry.com please look up my family tree to see the line (jillarmitage2000).- Taylor Family Tree.

Thanks for taking the time to red this.
Jill

Offline Midman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 09 April 12 16:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Jill,
I think your family is about 30 to 40 years earlier than the details I have, as it apperas that the J

Offline penhull

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 19 November 12 11:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

If you search for "Bulcock Ingham v Bulcock 1916" in google books you will find there was a court case to establish the male heirs of a Bulcock.

This was centered in Clitheroe and made a change in the law regarding wills. The Clitheroe/Whalley/Wiswell Bulcocks originally come from Pendle.  I would imagine the branch recorded in the bible are descendants of the Ravensholme (near Downham/Pendle) Bulcocks. In the 1600s this branch were making trips to Virginia and had family in Barbados. They were originally Quakers. Robert Bulcock m Margaret Barcroft in 1660. They had 6 children - John, Sarah(married a Grimeshaw), Martha(married a Shuttleworth), Thomas, Robert and Benjamin. When Robert died in the 1680s his worth was around £1300 pounds, not a small sum at the time.The Bulcocks in Clitheroe carry these names along with the name Ambrose for many generations and are relations of the Ravensholme Bulcocks. The Clitheroe family were cotton mill owners in the 18th century.

Offline marty77

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 08 July 16 00:47 BST (UK) »
Hi I am interested in if you ever found a new owner for your bible. My wife is from the Bulcock line and her family married in to the Ingham family. Hannah Bulcock married Henry Ingham. Hannah was the daughter of Benjamin & Hannah Bulcock. She had at least 4 Brothers and a sister Betty (Elizabeth). As for Ingham's her sons where William Thomas Ingham & Benjamin Ingham.