Author Topic: INGHAM - Family bible without a home - BULCOCK and INGHAM  (Read 28833 times)

Offline Midman

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: INGHAM - Family bible without a home - BULCOCK and INGHAM
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 05 February 12 22:59 GMT (UK) »
Joan,
You have not mentioned Eliza before, but no matter. Great Mitton and Gisburn are about five or six miles apart near Clitheroe in Lancashire, but the Myton Upon Swale is of interest as there is not much other evidence of Bulcocks around here.
I know nothing about this family, except for this page from the family bible. There are only names, dates and times of birth on the page, no places or other information. Have you come across the name Shuttleworth connected with the Bulcocks? The information on the paghe is from 1790 to the 1830's so later on than your current research. The Bulcocks who owned this bible may well have been well off, as the front cover has the gold embossed name of John Bulcock on it
Chris

Offline JoanBorrowscale

• I am very sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 06 February 12 09:32 GMT (UK) »
Hello Chris.     I thought it was your family bible -  I would think the Bulcocks were some somewhat 'well to do'
I hav'nt done a lot of research into the family, as I have only recently found this marriage.  It is the Isherwoods I am really interested in, but I love research, and names.  I tend to look into all and do a bit of research, hoping that I can find Eliza........ I know she was baptised in London - she married Richard Morris of the Household Cavalry...
I wonder why the two names Myton and Mitton are connected to each baptism.   
I hav'nt a Shuttleworth, but connected to the Isherwoods was a Ramsbottom....... who were connected through the Brewery business in London and Windsor......
and both families buried in St. Botolph London.  I shall keep your names in mind, and let you know if I find anything of interest.   Have you advertised the bible in 'Family Tree' magazine.?
Joan

Offline Midman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 06 February 12 20:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi Joan,
I no longer have the bible, just the cover and inside page, as it was deteriorating too much to keep, and my local records office were not interested. From your writing I think you are maybe not in the UK sorry if I have that wrong.
Advertised this in newspapers, the Lancashire Family history society and on this site, and have drawn a few qureies like yours, but no positive luck so far. I did not know about the family tree magazine, is it connected to something like this site?
As I said Myton is not too far from here, and I think I aquired the bible from a jumble sale some years ago, and put it away and forgot about until recently when I had to clear out my loft. It would seem reason able that it was not too far for the family to travel to my village over the course of three or four generations and for it to survive from 1790 until the late 1900's when I aquired it.
Chris

Offline Midman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 06 February 12 20:24 GMT (UK) »
Me again. Have you tried Genforum.com? Also if you have a positive location, write a letter to the local paper for their tracer service and ask if there are any families of long standing in the area with the names you are looking for. Also, try the phone book for that area. My cousin found a number of names of one of our families where we might have expected them, and the first one I phoned produced a family tree.
Chris

Offline JoanBorrowscale

• I am very sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 06 February 12 21:58 GMT (UK) »
I am in Liverpool Chris.   Family Tree is a magazine - monthly, and worldwide.  You can put in an advert.
but a bit costly I think......
My Isherwood research took me to London, but I think I am not in the correct family.     I know there are thousands in Lancs, and Ches.     but, she married a Richard Morris -  and with a name like that - very difficult.   But, I found her baptism I think fairly recently. And her death and burial in London.  It is just a little clue that her daughter was born in Clewer - Windsor  where there was a well to do family.......not that that matters, but Windsor was the clue.
Her parents being James and Elizabeth  It is'nt easy.
Thanks for being interested.
Joan

Offline Sharon Maud

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 21 February 12 16:48 GMT (UK) »
Midman - please please please contact me if you receive this message, if possible I would love to speak with you on the phone regarding the Ingham, Bulcock family - is there a mention of Pendleton, Twiston, Gt Mearley, Wiswell, you will love the information I wish to impart to you, I do so hope you still have the bible pages, saying my prayers, I have become a member just to speak with you about this. So hope you get this message. x
Peel. Bulcock, Thornber, Maud, Turner, Gregson,Sweeting

Offline Midman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 21 February 12 17:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sharon,
I can imagine your anticipation as I have had a long and continuing search for relatives of the ancestors on this bible page. However I have to disappoint you about the other names you have listed, as the page only shows the birth dates, names and time of day for the two families, as they were apparently related by marriage at this point. If you can tarce a line back from you to either one of them I am happy to let you have the page and the front cover, which is all I have left. There is no facility for me to leave a phone number in my profile, I am not sure if you can use a facility on this site to send me a private message.
Chris

Offline Sharon Maud

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 27 February 12 09:13 GMT (UK) »
Still digging - found this and also Butterworth  nb family vault at Mytton, shall visit it this week to glean more information, sure we are on the right track, very exciting.
The Late Mr Thomas Bulcock
Saturday, June 17th 1882 , Blackburn Standard
The remains of Mr Thomas Bulcock, who died on the 6th inst., at his residence, Claremont House, after a short illness were interred in the family vault in the yard of Mytton Parish Church, on Saturday, shortly after noon. The deceased gentleman, who died at the age of 33 years, was the third son of the late Mr. Ambrose Bulcock, a large employer of labour in the town during an extended period, who was formerly a partner in the Brewery Mill, and afterwards became proprietor of the Victoria Mill. After his death the son named, who now, like his father has passed away, carried on the business for a short time and then retired into private life.  By his genial manner and benevolent disposition he naturally formed a large circle of acquaintances, and his removal from amongst them they now deeply deplore, as by his death a void that cannot well be filled has been created. In religion he was a Churchman. In politics for many years he was an ardent supporter of the Liberal cause, but at the municipal elections in November last he came out in the character of an independent ccandidate. Although he was not returned as a member of the Council his poll was a very encouraging one. Had he lived it is probable that he would have solicited the suffrages of the burgesses in the Conservative interest at no distant date, as immediately after the contest he expressed, as the result of his experience in canvassing, sympathy with Conservative principles, and his intention of becoming a member of the local Conservative Association. The funeral was of a very unassuming kind, and was attended by relatives only. The Rec G B Ackerley, vicar, performed the burial service. The deceased gentleman leaves a wife and one child.
Peel. Bulcock, Thornber, Maud, Turner, Gregson,Sweeting

Offline Midman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 12 March 12 16:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sharon,
Sorry about the slow reply, have been in hospital for the last two weeks. Keep going.
Chris