Author Topic: Maher Family - Tipperary  (Read 33952 times)

Offline scotstim75

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Maher Family - Tipperary
« Reply #9 on: Monday 26 July 10 13:16 BST (UK) »
Hi my name is Bryan, Margaret's (scotstim75) son. Sorry for the delay but my mums pc skills are not the greatest lol. We are not in Ireland but sunny East Kilbride. Ned had 8 children when he arrived in Scotland, Ted, Elizabeth, Mary, Winnie, Alice, Frank, Thomas and Con. Unfortunately Winnifred (Ned's wife) died whilst giving birth to Con. My Mother (Margaret Maher) is the daughter of Thomas, unfortunately none of Neds children are no longer with us, my grandad Tom, being the last one to pass away in 2003.

So which one of the Maher clan are you related to?

Regards

Offline mags c

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 26 July 10 23:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Bryan, got you now.  I thought your mum meant that Ned had children before he left Ireland.  I am married to Winnie's son Ken.  We are in Motherwell.  Small world.  Do you know what happened to Neds parents?  i know that James (Ned's dad was dead when Ned married Winnie O'Neill) but I cannot trace what happened to Mary Butler (Ned's mother). 

Your Mum must be my husbands cousin...I think.  trying to keep track of who is related to who gives me a sore head at times.  I take it Mary from the borders has also passed away?  I knew about Con and Alice, although I think Alice's husband is still alive in Australia.   ::)
MaAdams, Preston Ireland,
Preston Flannigan Cunningham Craigneuk, Motherwell
Murphy Hutchinston Glasgow
Salmon Paisley
Maher Tipperary, Ireland . Maryhill Glasgow.

Offline scotstim75

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 28 July 10 17:49 BST (UK) »
My mum called it right, she thought you might be Kenneths wife, yes my  mum and Ken are cousins and Tommy and Jean are alive and well and still living in Cathcart. Mary Malloy (Maher) passed away about ten years ago and Bobby in Tasmania is still going strong

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 28 July 10 18:00 BST (UK) »
Rootschat doesn't allow posting details of living people so now that you've sorted out the connection it would be best to discuss recent family details by PM rather than posting here.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline talkingdrum

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 05 August 10 10:53 BST (UK) »
Hello,
It is with great interest that I read your posts.  Do yo know if your family has any connection to Mullinahone, Co Tipperary?  My g-grandmother was Ellen Hennessey the daughter of William Hennessey and Bridget Maher born c 1861, so that would be the generation before the one you have been discussing.  Any information you could share would be greatly appreciated.
Swepson - Australia, Huntingdonshire, Bedfordshire
Papworth - Huntingdonshire
Fitzpatrick - Australia, Derravona Co Cavan, Ireland
Hennessey - Mullinahone, Co Tipperary, Ireland
Hickes - Fiji, Cornwall, Glocestershire
Foster - Fiji, Samoa, Germany

Offline mags c

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 05 August 10 19:32 BST (UK) »
Hi not sure but will check it out and let you know.
MaAdams, Preston Ireland,
Preston Flannigan Cunningham Craigneuk, Motherwell
Murphy Hutchinston Glasgow
Salmon Paisley
Maher Tipperary, Ireland . Maryhill Glasgow.

Offline talkingdrum

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 06 August 10 09:40 BST (UK) »
Thanks very much for that.
Swepson - Australia, Huntingdonshire, Bedfordshire
Papworth - Huntingdonshire
Fitzpatrick - Australia, Derravona Co Cavan, Ireland
Hennessey - Mullinahone, Co Tipperary, Ireland
Hickes - Fiji, Cornwall, Glocestershire
Foster - Fiji, Samoa, Germany

Offline Oaks and Acorns

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 19 August 10 01:28 BST (UK) »
Hello,
It is with great interest that I read your posts.  Do yo know if your family has any connection to Mullinahone, Co Tipperary?  My g-grandmother was Ellen Hennessey the daughter of William Hennessey and Bridget Maher born c 1861, so that would be the generation before the one you have been discussing.  Any information you could share would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

It might help your search if you started a new topic on the family members you are trying to trace.

Mullinahone Parish records (RC) go back to 1809 for baptisms and to 1810 for marriages (transcripts). From 1835 onwards microfilms of baptism and marriage records are available.

I'm sure if you posted a new topic someone would be able to help you.

Dara.

Offline accypete

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 03 November 10 22:26 GMT (UK) »
looking for any information regard Hennessey , Guinane, Maher or Ryan from the Accrington area. I believe all these families may all be related. and originate from the Nenagh area of Tipperary Ireland.
I have a Dan Guinane half brother of the Hennessey family travelling to Montreal via USA with some Maher Family members. All were listed as living in Wellington Road/street Accrington at the time of travel. The Ryan connection to the Family I believe is Dan Mothers Bridget Ryan was was married to William  Hennessey prior to marrying Patrick Guinane......i having a night finding information on these lot GGGGRRRRR!!! ;D
( Henessy, Hennesy, Guinanne, Ryan, Gynane, Flynn, Silvermines, Ballinaclough, Ballnaclogh, Temple Derry, Muklyn) = JUST TAGS
Flynn, Guinane, Ryan, Libreri, Robson, Armstrong, Fleming, Camilleri, Coleiro, Jennings, Ellison, French, Forester, Azzopardi, Vella, Tonna, Hennessey,
Accrington, Hethersgil, Wark, Carlisle, Nenagh, Silvermines, Westport, Ballinaclough, Allendale, Hexham, Floriana, Muklyn, Valletta, Bewcastle, Stapleton, Warcop, Cumbria, Northumberland, Lancashire, Tipperary, Mayo, Westmorland, Ireland, England, Scotland, Malta, Itally, the Borders /Rievers.