Author Topic: Fam Swan or McSwan  (Read 1405 times)

Offline binor02

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Fam Swan or McSwan
« on: Friday 03 October 08 01:05 BST (UK) »
Hello everybody,

I am looking for the name Swan or McSwan. I have a death certificate from Donald McSwan. His father was Angus McSwan married with Euphemia McLean both lived in Stirlingshire - Aloa.
This i find at census 1861 -scotlandpeople,gov.uk.
My Question is, there are record stirling not stirlingshire and old parish can't find Aloa where do I look to find more. If tried also record stirling and parish record stirling.Donald moved to Mithlotian - Leith South,
he married Isobel McDonald.
Have someone heart about this family. and can I find more in Stirlingshire Aloa.

Kind regards Adrie Swan
From Holland

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline mcmp

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Fam Swan or McSwan
« Reply #1 on: Friday 03 October 08 02:26 BST (UK) »
Alloe is about 10-12 kms East of Stirling in Clackmannanshire on the road from Stirling to Clackmannan

Michael
PIPE, CABLE, STANLEY, WATSON, East Anglia
JUPP, WOOD, MUNN, HEARNDEN, PETERS, MARTIN, Kent & Sussex
OXENBURY, Dorset
WILDE, Yorkshire
SHEPHERD, GAY, India &  New South Wales
BERRY, Victoria

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline apanderson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 03 October 08 16:45 BST (UK) »
Probably a typing error by Michael - should be spelt ALLOA.

This link: http://www.multimap.com/maps/?qs=fk10&countryCode=GB should take you to the general area.

Anne

Offline binor02

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 07 October 08 18:03 BST (UK) »
Thanks for all the information ;),
I can't not find any information left about my family.

Thanks again :D
Adrie Swan

Offline Immmie

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 03 March 18 10:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Adrie,

It's been a long time since you posted this message, but I am wondering if you found Euphemia and Angus? I stumbled on the same problem, I can't find any record of them.

Regards, Imelda

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I HAVE edited my profile - several times!
    • View Profile
    • Geograph
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 10 March 18 17:20 GMT (UK) »
My Question is, there are record stirling not stirlingshire
If you are asking about the availability of records in the parish/town of Stirling, as opposed to the county of Stirling, the answer is yes, they do exist.

and old parish can't find Aloa where do I look to find more.
It is Alloa not Aloa and it is not in the County of Stirling/Stirlingshire. It is the largest town in the County of Clackmannan/Clackmannanshire.

Researching

AITKENHEAD, Lanarkshire; BINNY, Forfar; BLACK, New Monkland; BRYSON, Cumbernauld; BURGESS, North-East Scotland; CRUICKSHANK, Rothes; DALLAS, Botriphnie; DAVIDSON, Oyne; GUTHRIE, Angus; HOGG, Larbert; LESLIE, Rothes/Mortlach; MENDUM, England; MOLLISON, Lethnot; PATERSON, Larbert; RHIND, Forfar; SANG, Scotland; SCOTT, East Kilbride; STOR(R)I/E/Y, Shotts; THORNTON, Shotts; WADDELL, New Monkland; WILKIE, New Monkland; WILKIE, Tannadice; WYLLIE, Angus; YOUNG, Keith