Author Topic: The Unwin family, Impington  (Read 1504 times)

Offline clanger

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
The Unwin family, Impington
« on: Saturday 04 October 08 12:46 BST (UK) »
Hi All
I'm researching the history of my mother's family, the Unwins in Impington/Histon.
And I've hit a brick wall.
The last entry I have is:
Nathaniel Unwin (possibly spelt Onion at the time) b. around 1774 (according to the 1851 Census, he was born in "Adstock"). However, according to the 1841 Census, he was born in Impington. I cannot find records of his birth locally, so am presuming I now need to look at the Chelmsford records office for births in Hadstock, Essex!
Has anyone already got this information?
I'm also looking for his marriage record to a Susanna ? (b. around 1780, Histon, according to 1851 Census), but cannot find any locally.

Many thanks.
The Unwin family in Impington/Histon

Offline JustinL

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: The Unwin family, Impington
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 08 October 08 09:33 BST (UK) »
Hello Clanger,

Welcome to rootschat!

You may have more luck posting this to the Cambridge and Essex boards.

The 1841 census would (normally) only confirm whether he was born in the county being enumerated (Cambridgeshire?) or not. You should recheck that.

Although no great distance, I cannot imagine why he would move from Hadstock to sleepy little Impington.

I grew up in nearby Cottenham; my widowed mother knows the Unwin family in there!

Justin

Offline seeds ltd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 19 July 16 10:24 BST (UK) »
hi email me * re unwin family your Nathaniel is connected to unwin seeds

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid others spamming or abusing it.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members need to make two or three posts to be able to access this system.  Thanks

Offline matron123

• RootsChat Member
  • My grandad Harry Reynolds
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 06 July 18 19:01 BST (UK) »
Hello I have been trying to connect my grand mother Sarah Reynolds nee Unwin whose family originated from Great Chesterford essex and my Aunt by marriage who was also an Unwin originating from Bourn and Barton. I have done Hadstock back to the 1700 with a Nathaniel Unwin (onion). His son Nathaniel was married at Linton Cambs. There is also a Nathaniel born in Great Chesterford essex.
There is a Nathaniel born 1774 at Hadstock who moved to Impington Cambs. I chose the name Nathaniel as I knew this name is scattered so I search manly for him. I helps this helps
JACKSON OF SUFFOLK, REYNOLDS OF CAMBRIDGE, PILCHER OF KENT, GOSTICK OF BEDFORDSHIRE AND LINCS, UNWIN OF ESSEX AND CAMBRIDGE, PRIME OF CAMBRIDGESHIRE, WARD OF CAMBRIDGESHIRE, WOLFE OF CAMBRIDGESHIRE

Offline clanger

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 29 May 20 15:28 BST (UK) »
Matron123

Many thanks for your reply from a couple of years ago! I am finally back online and picking up the research again.

I did do some of my own research involving checking seax records online. But I don't think I found the link you've mentioned. Would you please let me know where you found it?

Thanks again

Lisa
The Unwin family in Impington/Histon